8.31.2012

Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells

 

Ok, so I took OAMM’s recipe and I changed it a tad bid.  Click above to see her recipe.  I don’t like the flavor of Buffalo, so I did some without Buffalo for me.

  • 12 oz. box jumbo shell pasta (I made the entire box, but even after making mine, and several for Tim, I did not use the entire box)
  • 1.5 cups marinara sauce
  • 0.5 cup + 3 Tablespoons Frank’s buffalo wing sauce
  • 12 oz can of chicken breast
  • 16 oz. nonfat cottage cheese
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
  • 1-2 cups shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp Italian seasoning

Boil the noodles and get them all ready then, first thing I did was put the cottage cheese in the food processor.  We didn’t want chunky filling, but I wanted to keep with the original recipe, so I made the cottage cheese nice and creamy.  I learned this trick from Katie @ Dashing Dish

Put about a half cup of sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 pan.  Then I mixed in the chicken, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese and stuffed enough shells for me. (I baked these in a different dish, so just covered them with more red sauce and mozzarella cheese)  The rest were to become Buffalo.  I just added the 3 tablespoons of buffalo sauce into the cottage cheese mixture.  I stuffed as many shells as I could with the leftover mixture (about 1-2 tbsps per shell). 

Mix the 0.5 cup of buffalo sauce with the rest of the spaghetti sauce and pour that stuff on top of the buffalo chicken shells and top with mozz cheese and bake @ 350 for 25-30 minutes.

Here are my pictures, good luck telling that there are shells in there, it was all covered with sauce and cheese!  Tim said this stuff was awesome, I hope you enjoy it!

photo 3photo 1

Have a happy Friday and great Labor Day weekend!

No comments :