8.04.2012

2x4: A Soup!

Today, I'm sharing with you a recipe that is near and dear to my heart.  I learned this recipe from my best friend's mom, Mary, and she loved me enough to pass this to me.  It's a quick, easy recipe for one of those nights where you just have 10 minutes to get something together for dinner.  It's also a very hearty soup, so it really fills you up, and it's pretty healthy too!

2 x 4

2 cans Campbell's minestrone soup

2 cans pinto beans (don't drain)

2 lbs lean ground beef or turkey (we don't like this much meat, so we only use 1 lb)

2 cans rotel (this gives it the spice, but you can tone down with mild rotel, or make spicier with hot rotel)

That's it!

Brown the hamburger, then dump the other ingredients in and let cook until hot.  It's as simple as that.  The longer you cook, the more well blended the flavors become, but it is not necessary to cook past getting it hot.

If you search on Google for "2x4 soup" you'll find different variations of this soup, some including Velveeta, some including corn, while I have never made it with these ingredients, you may want to try them.  We almost always add a bit of shredded cheddar cheese to ours, so I'm sure the Velveeta would make a great addition (just watch out for the calorie addition).

Each cup of this soup has 4.5 Weight Watchers points.

Enjoy!

No comments :