8.28.2012

Running Challenges

The other day, I was was on Pinterest, as I usually am several times throughout the day, and I found this treadmill running challenge.  It was something that I said I would do someday.  Well, that day was sooner than I had expected.  Tim decided to hit the gym early last Friday, and I wanted to go too, since I couldn’t run at home with no one home to watch Cooper while I ran.  So, treadmill here I came.

I did the beginner’s running interval treadmill workout, or I should say, I tried to complete it.  I made a couple of minor changes due to the fact that I am not quite up to this workout even after the couch to 5k and the beginnings of bridge to 10k. 

Here is the original workout: Here is what I did:

Minutes

Speed

1-3

3

3-5

3.5

5-7

5.5

7-8

3.5

8-10

6

10-11

3.5

11-13

6.5

13-14

3.5

14-16

6

16-17

6.5

17-20

3.5

Minutes

Speed

1-5

4

5-7

5.5

7-8

3.5

8-10

6

10-11

3.5

11-13

6.5

13-14

3.5

14-15:30

6

15:30-17

4

17-18:30

5.5

18:30-20

4

I got to the last bit of running and I just couldn’t catch my breath, so while I didn’t run as fast as she suggested in her challenge, I did run the same number of minutes.  I was satisfied with that.  And, I’ll tell you, I believe that that was pretty good for a short legged chubby girl.  What say you?

I am not a fan of running on a treadmill, so for those of you who also despise treadmill running, both of the above were a great workout for me, a beginning runner.  There is an intermediate workout as well as a challenge workout.  I’m sure for those more experienced runners these would be awesome!

What is your go to treadmill workout?  What do you do for a workout if you only have 20-30 minutes?  I’ve defaulted to walking/30 day shred/strength training.  I was pretty glad when Pinterest showed me a new way to workout!

Have a great day!

2 comments :

Holly said...

Even with yout tweaks, you still rocked it. I will try this today over lunch... And btw, I am loving your new header and layout!!

Nicki said...

Awesome job! I dispies the treadmill. I feel like a hamster on one of those wheels., so good for you for sticking with it! I might have to try that when I'm forced kicking and screaming on the treadmill. Thanks!