8.21.2012

What is holding me back?

I have been asking myself that question quite a bit lately.

 

What is holding me back from counting those weight watcher points?  From eating healthy?  From using that measuring cup? 

 

I don’t know what the answer is.  What I know, is that I have been eating fairly healthy, not large portions, but I know that I have still been over-doing it.  For almost 3 months now.  What is wrong with me?!?! 

 

I am not where I want to be on the scale.  I am not where I want to be physically.  So why have I just stopped?  I wish I knew.  Here are things that I do know: 

 

·         I haven’t gained weight;  I’ve been wrestling with the same 2 pounds up and down for the last two months.

·         I am still exercising 5+ days per week even if it’s just a few mile walk

·         I am mindful of breakfasts/lunches/dinners Monday – Friday

·         I am snacking too much after Cooper goes to bed

·         Ice cream is a MAJOR downfall

·         I haven’t been out for a run for 7 days, and I miss it.  (must get shoes very soon)

 

My husband is motivated.  He’s doing awesome right now.  It seems that whenever he’s motivated, I’m not and vice versa.  I just want to jump back aboard the weight watchers train and start counting again, but something is holding me back.  I know I can live within those 30 points that I’m given. 

 

What holds you back?  What is something that gets you back into the mode of watching what’s going in your mouth and making healthful changes? 

 

Do I need to try something other than weight watchers?  It has been so good to me, I really hate to give it up, I feel like it’s a crutch.  Thing is, I’ve been paying for it for 3 months and not using it.

 

Do you have suggestions for me?  Tell me what you do to kick your butt back into gear, I need something!!

 

 

3 comments :

SkinnyMeg said...

For some reason the summer months are harder for me, the ice cream is just calling my name. I find that by involving other people I get more motivated, buddy up with someone {other than your husband, I find that's not very motivating for me}. Seeing fat pictures of myself is also motivating :)

Stephanie E said...

I have done both WeightWatchers and counting calories (amongst a ton of other diets) and those are the two I have found most success with. What I like about counting calories (I use MyFitnessPal, which is FREE) is that it isn't an arbitrary number. I mean, I know WW has a formula that is similar, but I know how many calories I burn when I run, do the elliptical, etc. There aren't WeightWatcher points for that, other than conversion into the points system. I have been using MFP for about two months and have seen 14.2 pounds go bye-bye this summer. Because I allott calories for things like ice cream, I will eat less during the day. I try and plan my meals down to the calorie the day before and then I know how much snacking I can do. What can I say, I love food.

And I agree with Megan--buddying up is fabulous. I am a part of Mama Laughlin's Fit Camp on Facebook which is so motivating to have all of those women supporting each other!

Holly said...

Don't be so har don yourself, Emily. You and I lose some weight and just celebrate our voctories too long. :)

Let's get back on this together. I am counting my calories, even though I ate like garbage last night. Today is new... Let's do some cardio and count what we are consuming. We've done it together before. You are kicking butt running so plan a run for tonight. I expect a sweaty picture! :)