8.27.2012

Misc & MP Monday

I’m linking up with Carissa today for Miscellany Monday, and also going to share our Meal Plan for this week as well. 

  • I’m lucky my husband is still with us right now.  His car caught on fire at the gas station the other day when he stopped to get gas.  He could have been on the highway and then only God knows what would have happened.  So, I’m blessed beyond measure that he is ok, and that his car was a fairly easy fix.
  • Mr. Cooper had a fever this weekend.  It started Saturday night. he was fine all day on Sunday but came back last night.  He seems to be okay this morning, so we’ll just have to see how it goes today.  That was until I took his temperature, and sure enough, we're staying home today, 100.9 degrees! 
  • Ryan, Steph and Soup came over on Saturday and had dinner with us, it was so great to see them.  Love those kids!
  • I worked in the 3 year old preschool class at church yesterday.  I think I’m signed up to work there weekly for the rest of the school year.  I have many good things to say about those workers, they have patience beyond measure.  I know working with lots of 3 year olds each week will help my patience and I will be praying for it daily.
  • We made a “Thanksgiving” dinner yesterday.  We had to defrost our deep freezer, and we had a whole turkey in there, so we went ahead and made it.  We’ll have turkey meals all week.  Yum!
  • Big Brother is by far my favorite reality show.  I love the drama.
  • We’ve had Direct TV for two months now and I still do not know the channel line up, nor where any of my shows are.  I take that as a good thing – maybe I’m not watching as much TV as I used to?!?
  • Are all 3 year olds such a mess?  My Cooper has toys out everywhere all of the time.  I can pick them up multiple times per day and within an hour, he’s got all of them pulled out.  We pick them up and put them away constantly.

Now onto our meal plan for this week.  We are trying to stick to our grocery budget this week since we went way over our budget the last couple of weeks.  Way over by at least $150.  OUCH!  Why is it so easy to spend so much money on groceries?  Anyhow, the reason I tell you this is to express that we’re trying to eat lots of the food we have here instead of splurging as much as we did last week.
  • Grilled Salmon with salad, steamed broccoli, and tropical fruit.
  • Turkey Pot Pies with salad, baked beans and tropical fruit.
  • Ground Turkey Tacos with green beans and tropical fruit.
  • Turkey rice casserole with salad, corn and tropical fruit.
  • Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells with salad and tropical fruit.
Do you see a trend?  We like tropical fruit around here, in a big fat way!  I’m pretty sure we’ll throw in a buffalo chicken/bbq chicken pizza over the next weekend too, I’ve been craving that stuff.
Ok, long enough picture-less post for me, oh wait, I’ll go ahead and add a picture for fun.  This is my little guy on his 2nd birthday.  Cannot believe this he is going to be 3 in just over 1 month.  Craziness.
IMG_1720
Happy Monday Y’all!

2 comments :

Holly said...

Thank GOD that Tim is OK... When did he notice the fire? I would have lost my mind.

And Haven had a fever last weekend, I think something is going around. I hope Cooper is on the mend.

And I was wondering what your freezer cooking was all about! :)

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Omg!!!! That is awful about Tim. Is the car ok??? Thank heavens HE is ok! Wow!!!

Bug brother is my favorite show by far. I love it!!! Do you keep up with the spoilers?!!