8.24.2012

The Fair

  Well, we made it to the great Indiana State Fair last week; and I knew Coop was going to have a blast.  Thank Heavens for the delightful weather we had that day, it was in the low 80s and not those horrible 100s that we’ve had much of the summer. We went on $2 Tuesday, so I made it my goal to eat as much fair food as possible.  Probably not the best idea when trying to watch my figure, but what the heck, the fair is once a year, huh?  So let’s just start out with the list of what I stuffed my face with:
  • $2 corndog
  • $2 grilled ear of corn
  • Pineapple whip in a cup with yummy pineapple juice
  • $2 mini red velvet funnel cake
  • Kettle Corn
  • Rib Eye sandwich
Oh My, that’s a lot of food.  Now I will say, that comprised both lunch and dinner – so if I put that out there it doesn’t seem sooooooooooo bad does it?  (Ok, yes, it does, I know, I’m sorry) Hubby on the other hand was just about as good as he could be with food, he did not indulge much at all, and I’m so proud of him!  (just wish we could get in sync with our weight loss oals!!) Back to Cooper .  He had so much fun visiting all of the exhibits and animals at the fair.  We had to take the token corny photos:
DSC_0010 DSC_0014
DSC_0017

Then there were the photos with the roosters.  And even a short video clip for you.
DSC_0031
DSC_0041


He loved those roosters.


Then the calves.

DSC_0046 DSC_0052
DSC_0055 DSC_0064
At the end of our trip, Cooper wanted to ride a ride.  He is pretty short, but they would allow him to ride with an adult.  So Tim, the one who is most afraid of roller coasters, went on a baby one with Coop.
DSC_0074 DSC_0081


I’ve gotta say, it scared them both.  They were glad when it was over.  It was just too big for my little boy and my big boy is just a fan of roller coasters, even the tiny ones.

On the way home, this is what we saw.

DSC_0095

He was just pooped.  We had a good day at the fair. 
Do you go to your state fairs?  Are they a big event in your state?

No comments :