8.04.2012

Better Homes & Gardens Plaid Cookbook Banana Bread

So my family LOOOOVES banana bread.  I like to make it too, it's super easy and so super yummy!  The recipe is below, but I make a few variations every now and again. 
 
 
 
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg
  • 3 bananas
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup cooking oil
  • 1 teaspoon shredded lemon peel (optional)
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, mix all wet ingredients (bananas, oil, sugar, egg) then start adding dry ingredients.  Spray or grease a loaf pan and then bake 40-55 minutes depending on what kind of pan (glass or dark). 

My variations. 

I use pecans.  I love pecans and so I use them a majority of the time and I do not chop them.  I'm a big fan of whole pecans in the bread.  Gives it a crunch that I enjoy!

Sometimes I use a 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips instead of nuts.  We like chocolate here, and it is so yummy in banana bread.

Muffins instead of bread.  This recipe ususally makes at least 15 muffins, I use cupcake/muffin cups so that I can easily take these into work for my team or carry along for breakfast. 

I like to use 4 bananas instead of 3.  Makes the recipe more moist and super delicions.

Those are my variations of my most favorite recipe for Banana Bread.  I hope you enjoy!

No comments :