8.07.2012

Recipes via Pinterest


Folks.  Have you tried many Pinterest Recipes?  Well I have – most recently in the past week I’ve tried several.  Five to be exact.  Wanna know how many I’ll be making again?  Any guesses?  Well, here is the list and links to the recipes:
Now, what’s your guess?
TWO.  Yup, that’s right, only two.  We really had a crappy week for new recipes last week.  I was super excited to try all of these, I was excited about crock pot recipes.  I was excited for new recipes in general.  BUT, only two made the passing grade.  Which two you ask?
Crock Pot Potato Soup & Chicken Teriyaki Noodle Bowl
The hubby ate ALL of the soup.  He was in love at first bite :)  I didn’t even get to eat a bowl.  That’s my own fault though, because I put too many onions in it and it was a bit too overwhelming to me.  I cannot wait to make it again and not add as many onions.
The Chicken Teriyaki Noodle Bowls were amazing.  I had never made my own teriyaki sauce and now I don’t think I’ll ever buy it again.  This recipe was seriously good.  We made it with pork cutlets instead of chicken because we had had chicken so much last week that pork sounded better to us. 
I’ve concluded that you never know about a recipe until you try it.  And I am glad that I tried these recipes even if they didn’t turn out like I had hoped.  I also learned that even if you like all of the ingredients to a recipe separately, that doesn’t meant that you’ll like them together.  Weird, right?  I thought so.  So the next time you want to try tons of new yummy recipes in one week.  Be prepared, they may all crash and burn.  Let’s just say I am thankful for a husband, stepson and toddler who don’t mind when I go crazy some weeks and make all new food!
And just because I cannot resist, here’s a picture of my boy the day we were taking Kampbell’s pictures.  He just had to be like his niece.  Ha!

He’s a terrorist, but he’s a cute terrorist, right?
Happy Tuesday!

1 comment :

Holly said...

I love a good potato soup! Pinterest has been hit and miss for me too. And Mr. Cooper is a cutie pie like always. I hope the Johnson's are having a great week!