8.22.2012

Cake Mix Cookes - 2.5 WW+ Points

Last night, I wanted cookies.  I wanted cookies really bad.  All I knew was that

cookies = bad news. 

But I still wanted them.  You know the feeling?  So I did some “googling” and found a simple recipe for cake mix cookies.  They were using eggs and oil and a cake mix, but I figured, what the heck, how about I try them with Greek yogurt just like the cupcakes?

I pulled out the cake mix, the yogurt, the mini chocolate chips and the mixing bowl.  In no time, I was baking these “cookies.” Here’s the result.



I’ve gotta say, they are pretty good!  They definitely aren’t the buttery goodness of my regular chocolate chip cookies – but they satisfied my desire for cookies in a pinch.  So here’s the recipe.
  • 1 cup plain (or vanilla Greek yogurt) with the liquid poured off
  • 1 box cake mix
  • ½ cup mini chocolate chips
Mix these up and scoop onto a cookie sheet – bake for 7-10 minutes @ 350 degrees. 

This made about 30 cookies using a medium cookie scoop making them 2.5 points plus per cookie. 

If you leave out the chocolate chips that would probably make them around 2 points per cookie. 

I obviously used a chocolate cake mix on these, but I cannot wait to try with a white, butter or yellow mix, maybe they’ll be more like actual chocolate chip cookies? HMMMM……………………….

Enjoy!

1 comment :

SkinnyMeg said...

Love a good healthy cookie recipe! Thanks!