8.30.2012

MIlestones

Or not.  I’m not sure, but we’ve done some firsts this past week, and I want to document them.
Last Friday night, we took Cooper to his first movie.  Ice Age 4.  It was his treat for being a big boy and #2ing on the potty.  Hooray!  He’s only done this once more since last Wednesday night, accidents otherwise, but we had to treat him for doing his first big boy potty.
IMG_2941_thumb4
IMG_2946_thumb4
IMG_2950_thumb7IMG_2945_thumb5
I made banana “ice cream.” You know, the frozen banana whip? That’s right, I made it, and it was delicious. I took 3 bananas and broke them up into little pieces, then put them in the freezer, then into the food processor and whipped those suckers until they were a delicious “ice cream.” These deliciousness was supposed to help me not eat ice cream right? Well, Hubby had the great idea of putting that whip ON TOP of our ice cream and boy oh boy did he have a great idea with that. IT was UH-MAZE-ING. I cannot even tell you. I bought lots more very ripe bananas at the store on Sunday, and I have a big bowl of those bad boys in the freezer awaiting another ice cream craving. I think I’ll add some cocoa in with them next time, I’ve heard this is a good way to try them too. And, this time, I’ll eat them by themselves, and not on top of ice cream!
Speaking of ice cream, we took Cooper to get his first ice cream cone last night.  We’ve always made him eat out of a bowl because of the mess, but for some reason, Tim decided he should try it out of a cone.  That’s fine with me.  Tim sat next to him, so I didn’t have the mess to deal with, I only got to spy on this kid and honestly?  He did quite well!  I was surprised. 
IMG_0794_thumbIMG_0795_thumbIMG_0797_thumb
IMG_0798_thumbIMG_0800_thumbIMG_0801_thumb
Pinterest, Pinterest, Pinterest.  Why do you suck me in?  I’ve tried a couple three of new recipes from there this week too.  Simple things really, but still new to me.

Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells – I’m too lazy to dig out the camera to get the pictures right now, but I’ll say, Tim loved this recipe.  I changed it up a bit, so I’ll do a post soon to let you know how I changed it and I’ll make sure to show a picture.

Peanut Butter/Greek Yogurt Dip – I changed this too, it’s a simple recipe, but I couldn’t remember it off the top of my head, so I winged it.   I really liked this.  Something different and fairly healthy.  I used it for dessert one night and then for a snack with another apple the next day.
  • 5 oz vanilla greek yogurt
  • 2 tablespoons peanut butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon honey
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (recipe called for 1/8 teaspoon, I think)
Here are my pictures, mine doesn’t look as peanut buttery…..
IMG_2961_thumb1
IMG_2957_thumb2
Overnight Oats – (I could have sworn I found this on Pinterest, but I cannot find it now, so the link is there for you) I did the banana peanut butter version of these.  I had all of the ingredients on hand and it was a simple mixture.  But, I don’t think I’ll be making these again.  At least not this version.  It was way too creamy to me.  I think of bananas as a “creamy” fruit and I think this needed a juicy fruit.  So, if I try again, I’ll try a juicer fruit, perhaps strawberries or blueberries.  I will say, it was very filling.
IMG_2963_thumb2

I think that’s all the “firsts” from our house today!  Have a great Thursday!

2 comments :

SkinnyMeg said...

I'm dying to take Madison to her first movie, I just need to find some time :) I so trying that apple dip, it's sounds delish!

Holly said...

Post your version of the stuffed chicken shells. Chris would love that too.

And the reason why I love you so much is because you put those frozen bananas on top of your ice cream, instead of just eating them plain. You can't go through all of that work and not reward yourself, right? :)

I hope you have a great Thursday!!