12.06.2010

Top Two Tuesday: Christmas Ornaments

Join Taylor and friends for Top Two Tuesday!
I love today's Top 2 Tuesday!  Christmas is my favorite time of year.  I love being around family.  Doing all of the fun things Christmas brings with family time.  Gift Giving, Game Playing, Christmas Cookie making and all kinds of other fun things.

Onto today's topic!  My top 2 (pluse a couple more) favorite ornaments on our tree are:


1.  Our First Christmas Ornament:  It is a wedding cake bell, with the two golden rings as the bell clapper.  The clapper is hard to see in these pictures, it was difficult to get a great picture.  It took us forever to find the perfect ornament for our first married Christmas, but this was it, and we were so happy to have found it.
The front reads "First Christmas Together"

The back reads "2008 Mr. & Mrs. has such a nice ring to it"
2.  My second favorite is my son's first Christmas Ornament.  Cooper's first Christmas was 2009, and he was almost 3 months old at Christmas.  His room has a monkey theme, so his Nana picked out this zoo themed ornament for him.
The front, with Cooper's picture says "Baby's 1st Christmas"

The back says "Baby makes Christmas extra warm & wonderful"
The next two are #3 & #4 on my list.

3.  I got this Waterford Crystal Christmas tree bell from my Mom (Coop's Nana), when I was in high school.  It has the sweetest ring, and I think it's beautiful.

4. This ornament was from Coop's Nana for his first Christmas.  Since I was an am still obsessed with Monkeys for Cooper, she found the perfect monkey ornament with Grandson painted on the monkey's ball.  It is very appropriate for our little Monkey!!! 

What are you favorite ornaments?  Do they hold special meaning for you?  Three of the four of mine are very recent, within the last couple of years.  Are yours old or new?

Can't wait to see all of your ornaments!  Happy Tuesday all!

9 comments :

Lisa said...

What neat ornaments! How great that they all hold such special meaning to you.

We get a new family ornament every year, so it's always neat to look back and reflect on past Christmases. Great post!

Kit said...

Those are beautiful ornaments! I really love the wedding cake!

black tag diaries said...

great ornaments!! love the wedding cake one too!

Wiz said...

Love your ornaments! 2009 was my son's first xmas as well :)

Helena said...

Wow, I love these ornaments! They are adorable and unique, and they have so much meaning. I think those ones make the best trees.

Visiting from Top Two Tuesday

Tami said...

Your wedding cake ornament is gorgeous and I love the baby ornament! I can't wait until next year when I'm picking out a Baby's First Christmas ornament. :)

Holly said...

I bought my son the exact same jungle ornament last year for his first Christmas. :)

Jamie said...

Those are really cute ornaments. Right now my decorations have no meaning to them what so ever. Hopefully one day I can have nice, meaningful ones.

(I'm new by the way :)

"The Mrs." said...

Cute ornaments!