12.02.2010

Day 10: Favorite Christmas Songs/Caroles


Last night, as I was getting our tree setup, yes, we have a fake, I realized how different it was to be doing it myself.  Since Andrew is away at school and Stephanie moved, our house is a quite a bit calmer, and I don't mind the calmness, but I also miss them and everything that goes along with them!  Stephanie and I would usually do the branch seperation on the Christmas tree, then everyone would pitch in with the ornament decoration.  This year, I believe I'm decorating the tree tonight.  Tim will keep Cooper occupied while I get it decorated, he might put up an ornament or two here and there.  Oh and that's another thing, ornaments are going to be above where Cooper can reach, except the unbreakable ones, those we'll let him play with down below.  I cannot wait to get the few decorations out that we have, and get the house looking like Christmas!  I'm about a week behind on my schedule, but such is life! 

I cannot believe we're already to day 10 of the Christmas Blog Challenge, only a few days left!  I so enjoyed looking through recipes yesterday and finding a few new ones to make this holiday season!  Thanks to you all. 

Onto the Challenge.....

My favorite Christmas Songs are:
  1. Silent Night
  2. Joy to the World
  3. Mariah Carey's All I want for Christmas (I know Aly despises this song, but when my husband and I were dating we both played this one over and over around that first Christmas, so it holds a place in my heart!)
  4. Jingle Bell Rock
  5. O Holy Night
I just love Christmas music,  I'm loving Straight No Chaser's Christmas album this year also, I got it right after Christmas last year and I've actually played it off and on all year!  If you haven't heard of them, head on over to their site and check it out, they are pretty awesome!

I could go on, but the list is quite long, those are my ultimate favorites!  What are yours?  Are there any that have special meaning to you?

2 comments :

Lisa said...

I love your list! Great choices. I really like the Mariah Carey song too...even though it seems like there are a lot of haters!

Kit said...

Great choices! I just love Christmas music! Have fun decorating the tree!