12.01.2010

Day 9: Favorite Holiday Recipe & Cooper's Doctor Appointment

This morning we took Cooper to the ophthalmologist for his follow up.  The doctor is happy with the progress Coop has made with his crossed eye. He would like him to start wearing the patch for up to 6 hours per day now, which doubles the amount of time that he wears it now.  Thank goodness Cooper is very tolerant of the patch!  We go back in 6 weeks for a follow up. 

NOW..... Onto the blog challenge, my favorite day so far!!!


Link up with Aly & Molly for the 12 Days of Christmas Blog Challenge!
 This is so hard to pick just one!  I'm going to choose two, one for Thanksgiving and one for Christmas.


YUM Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake!  Photo Courtesy of Food Network
For Thanksgiving I choose Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake.  My family has made Paula's recipe for years!  I didn't actually know of it as Paula Deen's recipe until a year ago when I couldn't find the Xeroxed copy of the recipe I usually used.  She's got some variations available for the cake as well, turn it into peanut butter or banana or even pineapple gooey cake!  YUM YUM! 

Cream Cheese Braid (the inside when it's all finished)

My favorite Christmas recipe is a breakfast bread.  It is a Cream Cheese Braid.  We normally make this for breakfast for Christmas morning.  It is so delicious, not too sweet, just right! 

I cannot wait to get some new recipes for Christmas, I love trying new things, so this is a great day on the challenge for me!  Maybe it will even inspire those of us who aren't big into cooking or baking.

1 comment :

Kit said...

I am so glad that he is doing better! Those recipes look great!