1.01.2011

11 in 2011: Day One

Happy New Year All!  Today and hopefully the next 10 days, I'll be linking up with Kit for her 11 in 2011!

Click picture above to "link up!"
Today's topic is New Year's Resolutions.
 
This year I have a few "goals" not necessarily resolutions as I'm not a huge fan of that word.  I think it is just the perception of the word as the dictionary definition is fine.  Not that much different than a goal.  Something that I can resolve to do.  Anyway, onto the actual goal/resolutions.
 
I hope to join Kit in Project 365.  One picture per day in 2011.  I should think this should be easy enough, if I cannot use my regular camera, I always have my phone for a picture.  As soon as this post is complete, I think I'll go take my first picture.
 
Another goal for me in 2011 is to get in better shape.  I am a pretty sedentary person, and I'd really like to change that in 2011.  I want to just become more active, which I hope yields to getting in better shape and losing some of this weight that I put on while being pregnant with my son.
 
If I can accomplish the above, I hope to start a running program.  Eventually in my life I would like to run a 5k.  I don't know what that takes, and it really scares me to death to even think of me running.  I mean ME RUN?  Are you kidding me?  I don't think I've ever even run more than a mile in my entire life.  So, we'll see, but it is a big goal for me in 2011.
 
My last goal is to get pregnant with baby #2.  My husband and I would like for our kids to be about 2 years apart in age, anywhere from 22-27 months or so, and Cooper is 15 months old on January 3rd.  It's time to start trying I think!  This goal may really be counterproductive to the two listed directly above, but I know I can still be active and perhaps even begin running while I'm pregnant, so again, we'll see!
 
What are your new year's goals (resolutions)?
 
Did you stay up and ring in the new year?  My husband and I went to bed around 11:20, we did watch the ball drop, but then I was out.  O.U.T. OUT OUT OUT!  After the long day on Friday, and keeping up with the toddler, this Mama was tired and little ones just do not know that they are supposed to sleep in on New Year's day!
 
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
 

6 comments :

Kit said...

Those are great goals! Running a 5 K is such an awesome goal! Keep us up dated on your training!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with baby #2 :)

Thanks for linking up!! :) Happy New Year!

Shannon said...

You can do it all! I have faith in you.

Caroline said...

Good luck for baby #2. We're still hoping for baby #1. :) Best wishes in 2011.

Jenny said...

Best of luck with your goals, you can do it!

Jessie said...

Great goals! I am working on training for a 5K! I am scared to death but it is something that I really want to do! Good luck!