1.06.2011

11 in 2011: Day Six




Day 6: Best Organization Tricks

I would say my best organizational tricks depend upon what I'm trying to organize.

In the kitchen, I have many seasoning packets for foods, such as Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning, McCormick's Meatloaf, Beef Stew, and many others. For these items, I have a small flip top container like the one below in order to "file" these and keep them organized in my pantry.


via

I also have a wire spice rack on the door of my pantry for other types of spices that don't really have a good place in the pantry.  This leaves my spices well organized and very easy to find.  The picture below isn't my pantry door, but it's the same spice rack and mine looks almost identical.

via
For my family's medical bills throughout the year, I have to keep all of our receipts very organized because we must keep records for our flexible spending company.  So I got one of these last year and made several categories inside within the tabs and it worked great!  Everything is so well organized and it is easy to take back and forth from work to home. 

via
Another place I really like to be organized is the kids' bathroom closet in our house.  This closet stores their towels, the sheets for all the beds, beach towels and several cleaning supplies.  The closet is just the size of a linen closet, but my husband put up several shelves in there.  I keep the normal everyday towels rolled (like below) on one shelf about chest level since they are the most used in the closet and that makes them easy to get to.  The cleaning supplies are on the top shelf so that Cooper cannot reach them, beach towels are rolled on another shelf along with hooded baby towels.  Lastly the sheets are on the bottom shelf.  It is quite organized and I LOVE IT.

via
I'm not as organized at my house as I'd like to be, but I'm getting closer every day.  Our house lacks much storage space, but I'm finding new ways to incorporate shelving for our goodies all of the time! 

I am excited to read about some of your organization tricks, I can always use some help in this area! :)

Have a great Thursday!

5 comments :

Lisa said...

Great tips! I love the spice rack. I wish I had some place in my kitchen for one of those.

We are short on storage in our house too. You have to be inventive when trying to create space for everything!

Kit said...

I love the spice rack. I really need to do that in my kitchen!

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a door for that spice rack. Such a great idea!!

Kristy said...

Love your spice rack!! Sure beats pulling multiple bottles out to find what's in the back

Anonymous said...

We have a spice rack like that... just a tad smaller and it's very handy!
Hope you have a great weekend.