1.02.2011

11 in 2011: Day Two

Link up with Kit or MJ for 11 in 2011!
Day 2 of 11 in 2011 is Favorite Holiday Memory. 

I would say my favorite holiday memory was on New Years Eve/January 1st 2008.  This is the night my boyfriend took me out to dinner at my favorite restaurant, we stopped in at a new years party of my friend Shannon's.  We didn't stay long, because we wanted to spend the majority of the night together, but we were invited, so we had to stop by. 

When we got back to my house, I don't even remember what all we did, I think we watched a movie and hung out on my couch snuggling.  I was leaving bright and early on New Year's morning to Orlando, FL for a family vacation that was planned before I had even started dating Tim.  When we went to bed, I couldn't sleep, and Tim couldn't either.  Sometime during the middle of the night, I am fairly certain it was 2:19am, he proposed.  Let me tell you, it was SO HARD to get on that airplane the next morning.

I knew he was going to propose sometime, because he had taken me to pick out rings after church the Sunday before, but I knew the ring had to be sized, and I knew that there was no way he was giving it to me this soon.  We knew we were going to get married, just didn't think he would have proposed this soon!!!

So, we printed a picture of the ring that he was going to give me, and I carried it around in my pocket during the entire vacation!  I'm not sure how much my family liked me that week, I was constantly talking on the phone with or texting Tim.  Hey, he was my fiance, he just proposed and I had to leave him that very day!

Gosh. 

That is my absolute favorite holiday memory of all time.  What a special day to me! :) 

I cannot wait to read about some of your favorite holiday memories.  Have a very happy Sunday!

7 comments :

Kit said...

That is an awesome memory. I would have been constantly talking about him too :) on the vacation!

Jenny said...

What a great memory!

Shannon said...

Of course you had I stop by my house. The eat people and events are always happening at my house! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Wow!! At 2 in the morning! So sweet... Great holiday memory!

Jessie said...

What an awesome story!

Lisa said...

Wow, what a great story! I can only imagine how hard it was to leave after that special night!

Anonymous said...

Awesome memory!! I totally would have been on that phone too, girl!

Suu-weet!!