1.15.2011

Surgery, Recovery & Saturday

Surgery.  So, Tim's surgery went beautifully on Thursday!  Thank goodness!  He had all 3 hernia's and his lipoma removed in an hour and a half.  I was in there to see him by noon and we got to leave the surgery center before 1pm.  I was thankful because they had told us he might not be ready to leave until 3pm.
 
Tim yesterday evening, having a bit of a treat (skinny cow individual ice cream cups, yum!)

Recovery.  Tim has been such a trooper!  He was able to do stairs the day of surgery, we weren't sure he was going to be allowed or feel like it, but hurray he did!  Friday, Stephanie came over to stay with him during the day so that I wouldn't have to miss another day of work.  (trying to bank away all the days I can so that I can be off as long as I can with pay if I get pregnant later in the year)  He's been sleeping a lot yesterday and today, but that's part of the recovery and I'm gald he's able to rest.   He has some majory bruises, and I thought about sharing one, but it's pretty gross so I'm leaving it out.  We did take pictures of them and I'm not really sure why now that I think about it. 

Saturday.  Today has been great.  Cooper woke me up around 7 this morning.  I love when he sleeps until 7, I really love when he sleeps until 8, but that rarely happens.  Anyway, I decided that he and I were going to slip out of the house and do the weekly grocery shopping.  We left by 7:30, after Coop had his breakfast.  We went to Walmart first, because I wanted to avoid any possible crowd.  NO ONE seems to grocery shop that early on a Saturday.  (And when I say no one, I mean only 20-30 people with carts vs what seems like millions later on in the day or on Sunday after church.)  It was great.  I stocked up on everything!  Pretty sure Cooper looked like this when we were done:

{via}
 After Walmart, we went to Sam's Club to stock up on chicken, hamburger and some other important things in bulk, then we headed home.  Today I spent 78% of our grocery budget for the next two weeks!  EEK!  I know it'll be fine though since I stocked up on sooo many things. 

Cooper eating his yummy lunch.
Coop took a nap when we got home and I did a lot of grocery unloading and organizing the pantry.  Then I made some lunch and some yummy cookies.  After that, I also made some candied pecans since I had an egg white left over from the cookies.  Then some laundry and a bit of clean up.  Cooper then woke up and we played and played for a few hours!   When 2pm came around, he was ready for another nap.  Poor kid, not feeling the best today, such a runny nose and a bit of a cough.  Mama was ready for a nap too.  Since Tim was napping, I decided to lay down too.  It was quiet in our house for 2.5 hours!  I slept for an hour and a half, went downstairs and found Tim watching sports on TV.  He had just gotten up, which must have been why I woke up.  We had about an hour of quiet until Coop woke up. 

The rest of the night was playing with Cooper, dinner and more playing, I even had a nice walk on the treadmill once Cooper went to bed!  Overall, a great Saturday! 

We'll be skipping church tomorrow due to Tim not being able to get around or sit up quite yet.  I wish a Happy Sunday to all of my sweet blogging friends!

3 comments :

Lisa said...

So glad Tim's surgery went well! I'm sure it will take a while for him to be 100% but it sounds like he is off to a great recovery.

I love Sam's! I always freak out a little when I go because I too spend a good chunk of our grocery budget, but it more than makes up for it in the long run.

Hope your Sunday is relaxing!

Courtney said...

I'm glad the surgery went well! Yay! And glad that his recovery is going well! :)

Anonymous said...

I think I am the only girl in the free world that does not have a Sams card. Seriously.... I have only been once and that's because I went with a friend.

Glad the recooping is going so smooth!