11.22.2010

Weekend Recap

I had a great weekend!  Did everyone else?

 I LOVE birthday weekends!!  Birthdays are the onetime per year that should be about YOU and just you!  My family always made a big deal of birthdays and so it continues still!


A group of 7 of us started the weekend on Thursday night by going to Harry Potter at 12:02 A.M. Friday.  What a great movie!


When Tim & I finally woke up on Friday morning, we went to breakfast at Cracker Barrel and then did a little bit of window shopping for some presents we’ll be putting together eventually.  Then we hung out and caught up on our DVR’d shows until around 4.  Stephanie came over and she and I headed up to pick up Cooper after that.    That night, Ryan came over and the 5 of us had dinner, our Johnson Family Favorite Chicken in the Wok, which is really called Rosamarina Chicken.  YUMMY!


Saturday was so fun!  My brother, nephew, Mom and her husband came up to visit for my birthday!  They brought me presents, and an AWESOME cake!  It was so delicious, chocolate with cream cheese icing.  So so so good!  My mom made us all tacos, one of my favorites, and we chowed down then ate too much cake and had a blast.  Layne, my nephew, and Cooper played so well together, such good happy baby boys!  Layne is 6 months older than Coop, so a 19 month old and 13 month old playing is super fun to watch!  That night, it was girls’ night!  We went to eat at Maggiano’s then to TGI Friday’s for a drink.  None of us are big club people, so Friday’s was nice, we sat, had a drink and chewed the fat some more J




Sunday was fantastic too!  My dad and his girlfriend came up, we took some family pictures (a few are below), for our Christmas cards (THANKS SHUTTERFLY!), and we went to lunch.  Then we all headed back to our house, had MORE cake, red velvet this time!  My dad bought the cake at a local bakery near him, and it was delicious!  More presents, cards and overall a great time!  That evening, Erica and Mel came over for some cake and when they went home, Cooper went to bed, and soon after, so did Tim and I.





What a weekend!  I’m so thankful for great family & friends!

No comments :