11.26.2010

Day 4: Tips/Tricks to a Budget Friendly holiday season



I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I ate way too much and had such a good time with my family, and hope you did too.


Now back to the blog challenge!


I don’t have many tips/tricks for a budget friendsly holiday season, but here are the few that I have.

  1. Save a little bit of money towards Christmas every time you get paid.  (join a Christmas club or some sort of savings plan at your bank/credit union, etc)  We’ve done this for the past three years and it has really helped!  This way we know what we are going to have, and we pull it out of our account around the beginning of November to start shopping for Christmas.
  2.  Establish a budget.  This is majorly important.  If you know what you’re allowed to spend on each person you can shop within your “budget.” 
  3. Make a list of what you’ve bought – including $ amount spent on each person – SUBTOTAL as you spend.  This will keep you within your established budget.

That’s it from me, these three things really do help keep me aligned with what I can spend on the gifts for my loved ones.

6 comments :

Marah said...

great tips!

i'm your newest follower from the 12 days of christmas challenge.

i'd love for you to stop by my blog and follow back! :)

http://diaryofadevildogwife.blogspot.com

Aly @ Analyze This said...

I finally made a budget this year! And I am sticking to it!!!

Al said...

Hey there! Love the new festive blog design :) Oh, if I could only be so organized and disciplined to have a budget!! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

Kit said...

great list! I think taking out a little every paycheck is the way to go!

Lisa said...

Great tips! I agree that it is really important to set a budget...otherwise it would be too easy to get in trouble!

Summer said...

You blog is so super cute! I love how festive it looks! I am now following ya! We do something similar to the Christmas Club and it helps so much and then your not scrambling around at Christmas and you don't have to use credit cards!

I make a list too and try to stick to budget although I am totally not good at it LOL

xoxo
Summer