11.30.2010

Day 8: Least favorite thing about the Holidays

Link up with Aly & Molly for the 12 Days of Christmas Blog Challenge!

This is a tough one.  I don't really have many things that I dislike about the holidays.  I can think of two things that aren't my favorites but which one is my least favorite is still up in the air.

1.  Splitting time between two places on Thanksgiving & Christmas.  Since my parents got divorced my family and my brother's family spend 1/2 of the day with my Mom and the other 1/2 with my Dad.  We switch the meail we're with them each holiday each year - for instance, in 2009 we were with Dad for lunch on Thanksgiving and Mom for dinner.  At Christmas, we switched, were with Mom for lunch and Dad for dinner.  So for 2010 that switched.  Thanksgiving:  Mom for lunch, Dad for dinner.  Christmas:  Dad for lunch, Mom for dinner.  It is hard to remember from year to year what the schedule is, but we always figure it out in the end.  The positive spin on this is that Mom and Dad get nearly equal time with all of us and there is no fighting over it, they know what to expect and that really does make things a bit simpler!

2.  Claymation.  I've talked about this before, but just to elaborate a bit more, I cannot stand claymation.  When Rudolph comes on the televison, I'm out of the room.  For some reason it just freaks me out.  I am not a fan.    I'm sure one day in the next few years I'll actually face it and watch it with Cooper, but for now, I'll avoid it at all costs. 


Tomorrow is our favorite holiday recipe and I'm looking forward to sharing mine with you and reading all of your least favorite things and trying your recipes!!!

Since I'm skipping Top Two Tuesday, (I am just not organized enough right now to participate), I'm hoping to get the post out today about our little hospital visit with Cooper earlier this month. 

1 comment :

Emily Powell said...

my parents are divorced so I feel ya' on that one! the "claymation" cracked me up...it is a bit odd...