10.12.2010

Top Two Tuesday!: Top 2 Favorite Places in My Home

Another top two Tuesday!  Head on over to The Undomestic Momma for many more, link yours up!

1)  My first favorite place in my house is my son Cooper's room.  Before Coop was born, we got creative and painted monkies all over my Little Monkey's room.  We had lots of help, and it took about a week and a half to do all the parts.  Thanks to Shannon and John for lending us an overhead projector to draw the the designs on the walls!  Also thanks to my mom, her husband Shawn, Stephanie, Bobbie, Andrew, and let's not forget Auntie Erica,  they are the brave souls who helped us paint one weekend to get it all done!  Here are some pictures of Coop's room:






2) My second favorite place in my house is our living room!  When I moved in to my husband's house, this room was filled with furniture.  Furniture on every wall.  It had white walls, no lights and a hideous country border.  There was country stuff all over the place.  I am not a country decoration kind of girl, so I had to re-do it.  We got a new couch, club chair, tv stand and emptied out everything else that was in here.  Now we have baby toys everywhere.  If you look under the window, you'll see the living room toys.  My husband is really handy and when I moved in he added the crown moulding, the light in the ceiling as and we changed the baseboards.  We've still got to change out or paint the mantle and trim around the windows.  We're always working on something at the Johnson house, always trying to improve!  This room is my relaxation room.  Our DVR is here, ahhhh the DVR!!!  We don't want many shows that aren't taped since we're playing with Cooper until he hits the bed each night. 




Well, those are my top two favorite places in my home!  Thanks for stopping by, now link yours up!

2 comments :

Nicole said...

Found your cute blog on Top 2's link up! Your son's room is absolutely precious! I love to see a creative nursery! Happy Tuesday!

The Undomestic Mom said...

Great picks!!!