10.14.2010

Day 4: Your parents

Link up to Katie in her 30 Day Blog Challenge!


My Parents = My Hero’s!

I love them so dearly!  My mom, Sally, is an elementary teacher.  She (along with Erica) are my best girlfriends in the world.  I love my mom so much!  We’ve had our falling outs over the years, and we’ve gone through ups and downs, but mostly UPS!  I am so lucky to have two people in my life who I can go to with anything, and my mom is one of them.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE HER!  She is such a support to me and I hope that I am to her as well.  Mom and I have a shopping bug.  We love to shop together.  We love digging for bargains and spending time combing Target and other such places for the best deals, always a fan of the back clearance wall of Target.  My mom would do anything for me.  I didn’t understand this until I had Cooper.  Now I understand wanting and needing to make my child happy.  It really is a need.  That is the way my mom has always been with me.  But let me just say, she did sometimes, oftentimes in my teens stop me from doing stupid things, did things that generally angered me, and really just frustrated me.  Now, as a mom myself, I know why she did these things.  She always said, I’m not here to be your friend, I’m here to be your mom.  I so appreciate that.  And the thing is….. We are friends, and probably a lot of that has to do with the way she raised me! J  I love you Mom!

 


Dad.  My, dad, Gary, is an electrician.  He has become very important in my life over the last few years, for many many reasons.  Life has thrown a many curve balls in his life the last few, and although he hasn’t always dealt with everything as well as he maybe could have, he has been there for me and my brother through it all.  My dad and I have the best conversations.  I talk to him about such random things sometimes.  He and I can talk about his knife collection or the stock market, new recipes that I’ve tried to maternity clothes.   As Tim will tell you, sometimes when I start a conversation with my Pops, It doesn’t end for an hour or more.  My dad and I love going to flea markets.  He looks at tools, and look with him, or at whatever else I can find along the way.  One thing that I remember doing as I was growing up with my dad is last minute Christmas shopping.  Until I got married, I think this was a tradition that Dad and I shared every year.  This trend ended in 2007 though, and truthfully, I miss it!  He and I always went shopping for my Mom’s gift that he would give to her.  Sometimes he knew exactly what he wanted to get her, and others he had no clue, sometimes he just picked up something expensive that he thought she would like and others he spent lots of time picking out.  I will always miss this tradition, and if we ever do it again, it’ll have to be shopping for someone else as the year I got married, my parents got divorced.  Anyway, the time I get to spend with my dad now is so special to me, as I’ve grown older our relationship has grown stronger.    I LOVE YOU DADDO!


My parents are so important to me, I still hope that I can make them proud of me, and it always hurts me when I disappoint them for any reason.  I just want to make them proud and I know they just want for me to be happy.  I want that for them too, I owe them everything.  They are truly my heros. 


I must admit, I thought that keeping up with this daily challenge would be tough, and it's proven to be!  If I could only keep this up along with the regular blogging!   

1 comment :

Katie @ Miss Klohn's Classroom said...

Love this post and the wonderful pictures of your parents!