10.23.2010

Day 13: Goals

Link up with Katie for the 30 Day Blog Challenge!


Goals are difficult.  I had so many.  And now.  I'm not sure what's wrong with me, but I don't have many.  I have achieved so many of my lifetime goals.  I think now, I need new ones.  This topic has made me realize that my goals were too short term and I need to think ahead more.  Here are my old goals.  I will be thinking of some new ones soon.

My goals were this:

Career Goals:
  • Get a good job after college. - DONE.  I achieved this goal officially on Valentine's Day 2005.  I was a temp to hire at Sallie Mae starting on July 26, 2004 and was made permanent on February 14, 2005.  I got a promotion in 2006 and another in 2008.
  • Become a supervisor. - DONE.  I became a supervisor in February 2010.  I was thrilled to become the supervisor of my old group.  The entire group was moved under my new boss and I became their supervisor, yay!
Personal Goals:
  • Get married by 28. - DONE.  I got married on March 7, 2008.  My 28th birthday was November 21, 2008.  I realize that getting married by a certain age is a ridiculous goal to have, but it was my goal.
  • Have a baby by 30. - DONE.  I became a mom on October 3, 2009.  My 30th birthday is November 21, 2010.  So I was still 28 when I had Cooper, but was almost 29.
  • Have a happy marriage and child.  - DONE.  My marriage is wonderful.  My husband is one of the most thoughtful and caring people I know.  He and I are so happy.  Now don't get me wrong, there are bad days along with all of the GREAT ones, but most days are nearly perfect.  My son, Cooper, is amazing.  He's so so so happy.  I love watching him laugh.  He gets thrills from some of the silliest things and I just love everything about him!
  • Have another baby by 32.  - This is a goal that we are working towards.  We are hoping to start trying to get me pregnant early in 2011.  Wish us luck!
I am so very thankful for everything that I have been given.  I am a truly blessed person and I thank God for these blessings daily.  Now, I must ask the Lord for direction for new goals, as only one of these has yet to be met. 

This was a tough day in the 30 Day Blog Challenge, I'm glad this one is over!

No comments :