10.27.2010

Day 18 & What's New with The Johnson Five

I'm a bit early posting this, but I wanted to get our What's New out as soon as I could tonight.

Link up with Katie for the 30 Day Blog Challenge!


Day 18: Something you regret


This is a difficult topic for me.  I would say that my something that I regret right now is that I do not have a church home.  Since Tim and I got married (in March 2008) we haven't been able to find a church home.  We have been TERRIBLE about it.  We've tried several places, gone to a few of them for periods of time, but never settled.  Now that Cooper is here, and he is getting old enough to start going to Sunday school, it is TIME TO DECIDE ALREADY.  I am hoping to try a few more places and figure it out very soon. 

What's New with The Johnson Five (this is a looooong post, sorry!)


So, I haven't posted about the family for awhile due to multiple postings for the 30 day blog challenge and with the busy-ness of my (our) lives lately. The drama started about 11 days ago. Saturday October 16 we took Cooper to get his 12 month pictures taken, but that morning he puked. I'm talking his entire morning bottle puked. After that, he started acting normal, a little more tired, but mostly normal for Cooper. So we went andt got his pictures taken then to Olive Garden for lunch.

Sunday, Cooper and I took Andrew back to school. On the way home, Cooper screamed. I mean SCREAMED. One hour and fifteen minutes of constant screaming. Then when we got home, more screaming. He wouldn't eat, he wouldn't take a nap, just kept screaming. Stephanie came home, held him for long enough so that I could get him some ibuprofin and then thank goodness Tim came home and helped me with him too. He finally ate dinner, and went to bed early. THEN. HE. WOKE. UP. AT. 11PM. AND PUKED. AGAIN. AND AGAIN. Shower time for him and me who was also covered in puke.

Monday morning bright and early I took Coop to the urgent care center at 8am since his doctor doesn't open until 9. They diagnosed him with an ear infection and said his puking was caused by being "sea sick" from losing equilibrium from his ears. He got a shot of anti-biotic and homeward bound we were. He puked that day 4 or 5 times. He felt pitiful. He was clingy and so sickly all day. I loved having him lay with me, but completely hated seeing him feel so bad.

Tuesday, still not feeling well, Tim stayed home with him. He kept puking and so Tim took him to his doctor, only she was on vacation, so he saw her backup. Said he had a stomach virus and ear infection. Another antibiotic shot and homeward bound. I worked that day, but was off with Cooper on Wednesday as he was beginning to feel better. He still couldn't keep anything down.

Wednesday, he didn't puke all day, so we were thankful and thought that he would be okay to go back to the babysitter on Thursday, so he did. He didn't eat much for lunch on Thursday, but came home and puked anyway. Friday, same as Thursday. But Friday he went back to acting abnormally again. Saturday he was sickly and yucky again, didn't puke but once, and not much, so we didn't worry that much. Sunday he only puked once, but it was enough that we decided to take him back to the doctor this past Monday the 25th.

Coop's doc said she was concerned, so we got some x-rays done. Turns out, Cooper was more than constipated, he was impacted. Plus he had walking pneumonia. So, after 2 baby enemas and some antibiotics, he was back to the babysitters this morning, HOWEVER. Last night, his eyes started looking funny. Like he couldn't focus easily and his right eye was crossing in a bit. We thought he was just tired, so off to bed he went. This morning it wasn't better, actually seemed a bit worse, but to the babysitter he went and we called the doctor just after 8. They wanted to see him immediately.
Tim took him in, and the doctor ordered a CAT scan. The hospital couldn't fit him in until 3pm, but they were going to try, if we just would wait around the hospital, and turns out he was going to have an MRI instead. So, we waited, and waited, and waited. Finally they gave him the MRI. We have no results yet, but he's feeling ok, he's sleeping peacefully and we thank God for that. I am PRAYING it is nothing but a virus that is causing his eyes to cross. We've had 11 days of constant, never ending Cooper sickness. We need a break. I need to get back to work. Tim needs to get back to work. I've NEVER been off this many days except when I was on maternity leave.

So, we are PRAYING, and HOPING that whatever the Lord has in store for us, we'll be able to handle. We'll hear from the doctor in the morning.

1 comment :

Shannon said...

You have prayers coming.
If you want to come to church with Jackson and I, you are more than welcome to. You could even come the day he gets baptized on December 5th at 8:15 am.