3.11.2013

SPRINKLE SURPRISE!


If any of you follow Holly or Aly on instagram, you've heard about the Surprise Sprinkle that they along with my step-daughter Stephanie threw for me over the weekend.  Oh my gosh ya'll, I cannot tell you how surprised I was.  Let me tell you the back story.



For weeks now, Tim has been telling me that he was taking me out of town for the weekend after our anniversary.  Our anniversary was last Thursday, so I was pretty excited that we were leaving Saturday morning and weren't coming home until Monday afternoon according to Tim.  Well.... turns out, this was not exactly the weekend we were going away..... 

Thursday night and Friday night, Tim cleaned.  He cleaned like we were having a party or like my Mom was coming to stay.  Which was his story.  My mom was coming to watch Cooper for the weekend, while we went away for our trip.  So I didn't think much of it while he cleaned like a crazy man.  Cooper and I even went out with Erica, Mel, Bill, and Mary Friday night so that he could have the house to himself to get more cleaning done.

He had me pack on Saturday morning.  He told me what to wear and what to pack - since he knew the activites we'd be doing and I didn't.  I thought nothing of it.  He wouldn't tell me anything about where we were going except that we were heading south.  He told me we had a lunch reservation in town then we were heading out.  So we packed up the van on Saturday and made our way out. 

He pulled up directions on his iPhone to the Greenwood Park Mall, and the app told him exactly how to get there.  I knew as soon as she said Greenwood Park Mall that we were going to Bravo! to eat.  It's my favorite restaurant. 

When we pulled up, we parked next to a white Toyota Venza that just happened to have Missouri license plates.  I just randomly told Tim, that looks like Holly's new car, Vivian....  I think about this point, his head started to explode, because of all of the places he found to park, it was next to Holly's, but he played it well.  He said something like "Emily, do you really think Holly is here? Why would she be here?"  I knew in reality it was just the biggest coincidence but I just had to take a picture and text her because I thought it was hilarious.




Well, when we got into Bravo!  Tim told the host we had reservations, and he took us back to the big surprise... 

I was pretty surprised.


Then I saw Holly:

You can see for yourself how the entire thing played out, I cannot believe I'm sharing this video due to the fact that I PUSHED Aly out of the way and COMPLETELY ignored the rest of my friends/family to get to Holly to give her a hug.  I was just in shock that she was actually there.  I couldn't get over it and couldn't see anyone but her for a minute.....


Once the shock wore off, I was super excited to see everyone!  I couldn't believe that they had done this for me.  They had been on covert operations for a couple of months planning this entire thing.  Holly contacted Stephanie to get addresses for her, and they went to all kinds of trouble arranging everything.  Then they showed up, all three of the fine fine ladies decorated and made this a supremely special day for me.  My closest friends were there, my mom was there and my second mom Mary was there.  I am a lucky lucky girl.

I need to give a shout out also, to Kristen, for designing and providing the invitations to Holly.  She wouldn't let Holly pay her a cent for them, and she even designed a game for us to play!  If you are ever in need of some custom invitations, cards, thank yous, etc, please contact Kristen's Little Laws Prints!  She's awesome!  I contacted her on Saturday after the party and she designed some Thank Yous for me, and as soon as I get them from her, I'll be writing them out and sending them to all of the ladies who were there for me!

Here is a mock up of the invitation.  Insert Emily Johnson for Savannah Morrison and Katy for Jensina and then the address of Bravo! As well as Holly's info for the RSVP stuff and you've got the picture.  She changed all the info on this one to post on Facebook so that it would still be a surprise.


Here's a picture of the entire group of ladies in attendance.




Holly, Aly, Stephanie, I love you ladies and appreciate all that you did for me on Saturday! 


9 comments :

Elle Noel said...

Awww so sweet! Loved the recap!

Shelli said...

This is so sweet! You're one special lady! :)

Kate said...

How adorable is that! Hope you had a lovely time!

Amy said...

This is such a cool surprise! Glad you all had fun!

Gina Horkey said...

That's so awesome! Look at all the blog world love:-) I have to tell you I've heard this word "sprinkle" a few times now...is it like a baby shower, but lower key for the second or after child?

Melanie @ 4Kottez said...

YAY I know Holly couldn't wait - this is so wonderful - what a great group of ladies and friends. YAY Baby!!!

Kimmyyy83 said...

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!!!!!

Caroline said...

How wonderful!!!

Becky said...

What a great surprise!!!