3.28.2013

Randoms & The Easter Bunny Visit

It has been a rough morning and I see it being a long day.  Hoping it gets better, if I can stay awake that is…….


1)  My day started around 3:30 this morning.  Cooper woke up and was yelling “Mommy” over and over again.  So I race in his room to find out what’s wrong.  He had lost his teddy bear and couldn’t find it.  It was right next to his pillow, so I’m betting he was just asleep and didn’t really search very hard for it.  I’m just glad he hadn’t peed the bed.  I made him to potty and found his teddy bear and he went right back to sleep.  Mama however, did not.  I think I snoozed some in the 4am hour, but it wasn’t long – cause I am a clock watcher and kept checking it.  Not smart.
 

2)  Cooper was a complete stinker this morning.  He’s obsessed with playing hockey.  He plays with some plastic golf clubs and usually a foam baseball as his puck, and a bicycle helmet as his hockey helmet.  Well, each morning he wants to play, but we generally do not let him until he’s gotten his 4 morning items complete. (1) bathroom 2) brushing teeth 3) changing clothes 4) eating breakfast)  Once he’s got those items finished, he’s allowed to play whatever he wants until it’s time for us to go.  The problem is, that Cooper spends all of his playtime playing with his food and not eating, so he generally misses out on his hockey time.  Today, it really bothered him.  How do you explain to a 3 year old, the faster you get your 4 things done, the more you get to play?  I’ve tried explaining several different ways, and so far, nothing has worked.  I guess he’ll eventually learn.




3)  Tonight I have to boil eggs.  I need to get them ready for tomorrow’s Easter Egg dying session with Stephanie, Ryan, Kampbell, Andrew and Cooper.  I’m looking forward to it.  Should be fun.  We’ll dye them with Kool-Aid again this year, since they turned out so great last year.




4)  A couple of days ago, I cleaned out Cooper’s closet.  It was time.  I hadn’t done it in a long time.  I have an entire new wardrobe to fill up that closet now, lots of spring and summer clothes, so it was time to do a major purge.  He had clothes in there that were still 18 months size.  CRAZY.  They were all things that really shouldn’t have been 18 months – in fact, some of them he wore through the summer last year.  But still, I should have gone through them before now.  Oh well, such is life.  I finally did it – and now it’s just time to get the new clothes in there.  I’m thankful that we have someone to hand the clothes down to, so that they can be used again and I don’t have to mark them to sell at a consignment place! J  Win/win for me!
  
5)  We need to do our taxes – I dread them, and we just need to sit down, bit the bullet and get them over with.  This is the latest I’ve EVER waited to do them, and the more time that goes by, the less I want to even touch them.  But, time is creeping up on us and April 15th will be here before we know it.  Time to get them done.  Especially before the madness of baseball season starts.

 6)  I have a love/hate relationship with Flex Spending Accounts.  We use Flex Spending for our dependent care, and while it saves us all kinds of money in taxes, it causes me extra work, and I don’t like that part.  I have to remind myself that the tax savings is worth it.  And it is, I know it is, I just despise extra work. 

 7)  After work yesterday, we took Cooper to visit the Easter Bunny.  Like every year prior, he was scared to death.  Daddy always comes to his rescue and sits with him in the picture.  This year, he actually smiled!  I was shocked!  Then he gave the Bunny a high five, I’m telling you, it was a miracle. 



 Complete Randomness today, at least there were a few pictures, right?  Have a great Thursday everyone!

2 comments :

Our Little Bram Fam said...

YOU haven't done your taxes? Oh my word. Who are you?

Kimmyyy83 said...

Love that he loved the bunny! We may try koolaid this year too. I have 7 kids coming to my house to dye. Help me Jesus!