3.21.2013

Accidents........

I’m talking peeing in the bed type of accidents today.  I need tips/advice ANYTHING to stop this trend that’s going on with Mr. Cooper.

Tell me, how does this sweet boy all of the sudden decide he’s going to pee the bed 4 of the past 6 nights?


Let’s go back in time….  Cooper’s been sleeping sans pull-ups for about 3 months now.  It seems that when he switched daycares and started preschool, something clicked for this kid.  He started using the bathroom for both pee and poop without any accidents.  Then soon after, he decided no more pull-ups at night time.  I was a proud mama. 

Until this week, he’d only had ONE accident.  And that one was not his fault.  To be honest, I’m not sure any of these have really been 100% his fault – but I digress. 

You see, our method is this…..  We make him pee before he goes to bed between 8 and 8:30.  Then, Tim wakes & takes him pee again between 10:30 and 11.  After that, he’s been golden.  Only the one accident.  The one accident he did have (about a month ago) was because Tim fell asleep and forgot to take him pee.  He woke us up around 3am that morning and slept in our bed after we changed his clothes.  I learned from that night on, we would not be forgetting to take him, and that he would not be “sleeping” in our bed anymore.

He’d been good, zero accidents since that one.  Until last Friday night.  Then, for whatever reason, he started a trend that I want to reverse IMMEDIATELY.  The little man peed in the bed Friday night, Saturday night, Sunday night and again last night.  AHHHHHHH!  And guess who hears him when he cries, therefore is the one who goes to change him, his sheets and the rest of it???  Yep, that’s right, this girl. 

It wakes me completely up, and I have a very difficult time going back to sleep once I’m awake for some reason.  So, Monday, I slept in and went in late to work.  Today, I didn’t, I’m going to Coop’s school for lunch today with the Easter Bunny, so I cannot afford the extra time away from the office. 

This is our plan of attack:  First, I’m not entirely sure that we just haven’t been giving him too much to drink at night, so we’re going to cut back on drinks, but something else has got to give.  So, since Cooper doesn’t really wake up when Tim takes him potty between 10:30 – 11 each night, we figure we’ll just take him once more sometime after 2am to try to break up the nights.  I normally wake up to go potty myself due to this baby girl sitting on my bladder anyway, so I’ll just wake Tim up and he’ll take care of Coop.  We’re *hoping* that this solves our problem. 

Did this happen to you/your kids?  Any advice you can give me? 


No comments :