7.23.2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

What a weekend!!

It was a busy but super fun weekend for us, and I’m dreading the day back at work, but know it will be fine!  This past weekend was a big baseball tournament in Indy, so Tim was super busy umpiring Thursday evening through Saturday.  He had 8 games between 3pm Thursday through 3pm Saturday!!  So, that meant a lot of QT for Cooper and me!  What do we do with that time?  Hang out, do chores, play lots of baseball and some soccer and visit daddy’s games!

Friday night, Cooper and I went grocery shopping and then we came home and played with sidewalk chalk, played some soccer and lots of baseball.  My pictures reflect the soccer part of our evening because we have soooo many pictures of Cooper playing baseball, to have him interested in another sport makes me happy, so I had to take lots of pictures.

IMG_2758

IMG_2754

IMG_2755

IMG_2757

On Saturday morning Tim had to be at the baseball fields by 7:15, so we were up super early, I was hoping to go back to sleep for a bit once Tim left, at 6:40, but Cooper had other plans.  He was bright eyed and bushy tailed before Tim left.  So… got up and made breakfast and clowned around quite before I decided we’d go and watch daddy’s game.  We hopped in the car and got there just in time to see about 15 minutes of the first game and then we talked to him for awhile before we headed out.  It was super warm on Saturday, so Tim was pretty hot in his umpiring gear.  He decided he had to cool off by soaking himself in a cold wet towel.  Pretty comical sight, one that I just have to share with you.

IMG_2759

He looks like a puffed up old lady with a scarf around his head, lol.  That’s what a ton of umpiring gear and a nice cold towel over your head will do to ya! :)

Moving on.  Saturday afternoon we were having a family dinner with my Dad, Gwen, Steph, Ryan, and Andrew, Tim, Cooper and me.  I made a great roast recipe, I found it on pinterest (of course!) and it turned out wonderful.  Then for dessert, we had fruit pizza.  It was delicious, take a peek.

IMG_2761IMG_2760

Oh my were they good!  I haven’t made this recipe for over 5 years, but it was worth it, and everyone seemed to like it.  We only ate the circular one though, because it was so much.  I had no idea we would be so full after lunch.  Oh well, that just left quite a bit for Sunday!

Here are some pictures of Cooper with Dad and Gwen, Cooper was being kind of a big stinker, but we’ll forgive him.

DSC_0114 DSC_0116
DSC_0115 DSC_0118
DSC_0117 DSC_0122

I cannot believe I didn’t get any pictures of Kampbell or the rest of the crew, time was just so busy that I didn’t make time for it.  That bothers me, but I know I’ll get some pictures next time.

On Sunday, we were terrible and skipped church, took Cooper to a little league baseball tournament to watch more baseball, had an early lunch and then came home for naps and a lazy day.  It was so nice not to be jam packed with stuff to do.  We did have visitors, Erica and Mel came over and ate some fruit pizza and shared with me some of their powdered peanut butter.  They had just bought it, it was super yummy.  Here’s a link for you if you want to try some of your own, I know I’ll be buying it soon!

After Cooper’s nap time, Tim’s buddy Jon came over, and Andrew and I worked on some of his homework for his summer class.  I didn’t do any cooking, any laundry or any major work today.  I haven’t had a day like that in so long, it was fantastic!

Monday’s meal plan will most likely be posted later on in the week because I’m too tired of typing right now to write it up!  Here’s to a great week! Happy Monday to you!

No comments :