7.30.2012

Meal Plan Monday


I’m late getting this post up today, at least I’m doing it.  You’re welcome.
This week, I’m making several new meals.  Since it’s Monday night, I’ve already made two of them, and I’ve gotta be honest here, I’ve not been all that impressed with either of them.  Here is my issue with some (most) recipes I find online: lack of flavor (or what I perceive to be lack of flavor).  I totally weed through online recipes before deciding to try new ones because some I can just tell will be bland.  But these that I chose this week looked good.  And, I still have hopes for the remaining ones.
So far, I’ve made crock pot potato soup.  I think I put too many onions in it, but Tim loves it.  I have yet to have more than one bite of it when its been warm.  I am going to take some for lunch tomorrow so I’ll have to get back to you.  It was SUPER easy to make.  I didn’t make this for a meal, I made it for our lunches and whatever meals are in between.
Then I made this: Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken, we had it for dinner tonight.   I really thought this was going to be awesome.  I thought it looked delicious and with the rotel, it was bound to have a kick right?  Nope.  It was bland bland bland.  She has a note at the bottom of the post stating that it might require some additional seasonings but I figured I’d try it without.  Now, I probably won’t be making it again to try it with additional seasonings because I just didn’t care for it that much.  I served it over rice like she suggested.
Here’s the rest of the week’s meal plan:
Tuesday Night: Dashing Dish’s Lasagna Roll-ups  Another easy night because I had made a double batch of these the last time I made them, so these are all ready for me in the freezer, just need to bake them when we get home.
Wednesday Night: Crock Pot Beer Chicken  Can you tell I’m all about easy this week?  I just needed an easy “crock pot” kind of week. 
Thursday Night: Tacos
Friday Night:  Not sure – I have one more meal on the docket, but I have a feeling it’ll be pushed off to next week, but here it goes: Chicken Teriyaki Noodle Bowl.
I am all about trying new recipes, but I also need to keep some of our regulars in the rotation because the fam gets sick of trying new things all of the time.
So, what’s on your meal plan for this week?

No comments :