7.24.2012

No More Fireplace


My husband, again, my hero.  We decided earlier this year that we wanted to get rid of our fireplace.  I know, I know, sort of odd for people to get rid of their fireplace.  People wish they had one and here we are getting rid of ours.  Well, we’ve had problems with pests getting inside the fireplace and dying.  They stink terribly when it happens and so we had just decided we’d had enough.  So, out went the fireplace one weekend when Cooper and I went south to visit my family.  Tim, Andrew and one of Andrew’s friends, Garrett, worked on it and here are some progression photos.  They did a great job!

IMG_2546 IMG_2548
IMG_2550 IMG_2549
IMG_2557 IMG_2558
photo 1 photo 2
photo 3 photo 1photo 4
photo 2 photo 3

Now for the Before and After photos. 
 

BEFORE

IMG_2612

AFTER

Now, keep in mind that we haven’t yet decorated the room by putting the art work back up and the picture quality of the after picture is pretty terrible, since I took it with my phone, but we are soooo pleased with how it turned out!  I need to get some light pillows and blankets to brighten up the new couches too, as they seem really dark compared to the old room.  I cannot wait for it to be complete, but we are loving it!  I love having the extra wall to put furniture on, it really makes a difference in the room.  What do you think?  Do you have any suggestions for me? 

1 comment :

Al said...

I actually am one of those people who wish they had one, but totally agree with you about getting rid of it if it presented such a problem! I think the after looks GREAT! Kudos to them!!
xoxo