7.10.2012

Couch to 5k & This Year’s Progress


Well, I’m finished with the 8 weeks of the program.  I never got to the 3.1 mile mark during the program, but I can run 30 minutes straight and that was my goal.  To be able to do the program and get through the timed running.  I will have to begin running faster in order to get to the 3.1 mile marker, and I will, but it will take me some time.

Here’s a picture of me after my last run, week 8, day 3.  I was dripping wet with sweat!!

IMG_2634

The weather here in Indiana has been sooo hot and humid.  We have been in the high 90s and 100s for the last few weeks with 100% humidity and it’s been difficult some mornings to get up and go running.  BUT, I have done it.  I get up and get out of the house at 6AM and that is the coolest part of the day during that time.  When I get back home, I am normally dripping with sweat.  It’s been fun and really challenging for me, but it’s been good for me also.

This year is 1/2 over and I can seriously say that I am a changed person.  I feel different when I don’t exercise, and it’s not a good feeling.  As I’m typing this, it is day #2 of rest for me, and I’m not feeling great about it.  I honestly cannot wait to get up and get on the road to run in the morning.  I joke about this to my family, but WHO HAVE I BECOME???  This is not the Emily that I know.  The Emily that I know is all about sitting her lazy butt on the couch eating anything she can stuff into her mouth and never exercising.  This Emily still snacks, although differently, and less, but, I definitely exercise, and about 3-5 days per week at the minimum. 

I think there is a huge opportunity to slack off and get back to my old self, but I am working hard not to do that.  I feel like I’ve turned a page to becoming a more healthy, active person.  I have a lot more energy that the previous Emily, and I am happier.  It’s been a great experience and I wouldn’t take a minute of it back, I just hope to become better than I was yesterday.

It is so important for me to share this post with you all, I apologize that it does not have lots of pictures or anything really exciting to read, but I am so thrilled about my progress, thank you for reading!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments :