11.21.2013

Thankful in November - Day Twenty-One



Day twenty-one.... Birthdays.

I'm thankful for birthdays.  One day per year that is specifically for us.  For each person to be celebrated on their day of birth.  Today, just happens to be my birthday, and I'm taking the day off.  So is my husband.  We're having a "date day" - we're going to spend the entire day together, while the kiddos are at home with their sister!  I've been looking forward to this day for a couple of months now.  Today, I turn 33.  My mom made me the cake in the picture above, it's a delicious carrot cake.  Thanks Mom!  We've been enjoying it since last Saturday and it's disappearing quickly!  Anyway, I'm thankful that each person gets a day to celebrate just them.  I know to some people, birthdays aren't any big deal - but as a kid, my mom made them special and made me feel special.  So I want to do that for my kids and family!




1 comment :

Gina Horkey said...

Happy Birthday EMILY!! Hope you had a wonderful date day with the hubs:-) YOU DESERVE IT!