11.14.2013

Thankful in November - Day Fourteen


Day Fourteen - I'm thankful for my Grandpa Norman, my dad's dad..  My Gandpa is a hard worker. Always has been, always will be.  The man has worked his entire life it seems.  He didn't graduate high school because he worked.  He and my grandma married young and had my dad when he was only 19. Before my dad, there were two miscarriages, so I'm not exactly sure how old they were when they married, but they were young!  My Grandpa has always been there for me, the love I feel from him is nothing short of wonderful.  He ALWAYS makes me feel good about myself and has always been one of my biggest fans.  I am one of his biggest fans for sure!  I admire him so much.  I remember when I was growing up - spending time at his house, and him taking my brother and I bowling.  I remember EVERY Christmas, my Grandpa and Kieran (our grandma) would take all of us grandkids to look at Christmas lights and to dinner.  Nothing extravagant, but it was special.  Grandpa would "ooooooohhh" and "aaaaaaahhhhhhh" the lights.  Usually just poking fun - but we didn't realize this until we were much older.  I remember going to Grandpa's house on July 4th as a kid, and doing sparklers, having cookouts and spending time with my boy cousins.  All of the cousins on my dad's side are boys except me.  I also remember watching IU basketball games with Grandpa.  He is an avid IU fan, and so am I.  My entire family is really, but my two Grandfather's were the biggest IU basketball fans I ever knew.  

My Grandpa Norman is an amazing, wonderful, funny guy and I am so blessed to have him in my life!  I love you Grandpa!!

No comments :