11.15.2013

Thankful in November - Day Fifteen


Day Fifteen - SHAWN!

Today - I'm thankful for a person who has been in my life a relatively short period of time, but one who has made a major impact on our lives.  Shawn is my mom's husband, and he's my friend, and a great Papaw to my kids.  He makes my mom happy.  I could end this post right there, because that in itself is enough reason or me to be thankful for this man.  But that is not all!  Shawn gives and gives when he doesn't have to.  When Katy was born, Shawn stayed at my house with my mom, on an air mattress, just so they could take care of Cooper while we were in the hospital.  Shawn has given up actives so that he and mom can be there for us, he's driven to Indianapolis more times than I can count just to visit us.  He has been willing to help us when we converted Tim to a new phone that was just like his.  He's played with Cooper time and time again and Cooper LOVES him, and so do we.  When Mom and Shawn first got married, I'll admit, things were pretty awkward, but through the years, he's become family, and not the "family" that you wish wasn't.  I'm so glad he's a part of our lives (and not just because he smokes the best meat around, haha).

Shawn, I may not say this to you enough or at all, but THANK YOU for being in our lives, and Thank you for everything you do for us and for my mom.  



Apparently Nana, Papaw Shawn and Cooper like to match, lol.

No comments :