2.05.2013

The Name Game.....



button

Today, I'm linking up with Miss Amanda to talk names.  Since I haven't named 5 beautiful girls (and I don't plan to) like she has, I'll give you the two names that my husband and I have picked for our 3 year old, and the one currently in my belly.

Naming our kids happened before Cooper was born.  I wanted to have both a girl name and a boy name picked out before we found out what that Cooper was a boy.  That way we could name him or her immediately.  I loved the idea of calling baby their official name as soon as we found out.  So, we did.  The girl name was easy for us at the time, but the boy's name wasn't.......

Cooper James - I remember when I was pregnant with this fella, writing a list of names down that I really really liked.  Now I can only remember Coop's name and one other name.  Oliver Matthew.  Tim did NOT like Oliver, and he liked Cooper a lot.  At the time, we didn't have a middle name for Cooper.  It took us awhile to come up with his middle name actually.  I scoured the baby names pages and put all kinds of names after Cooper - and when I found James, I really liked it.  So I asked Tim and he did too.  So - that was it.   And funny thing is, my cousin had her little boy about 6 weeks before Cooper was born and they named him Oliver Matthew, so it was probably a good thing that Tim didn't like that name. 

Kathryn Elisabeth - Katy's name came easy.  I have loved the name Kate for as long as I can remember.  And I love the name Katy (Katie) too.  One of my friends from high school's name was Katie and her parents called her Katiebug.  I loved it!  So..... I proposed it to Tim and he liked it too.  Katy's middle name is based upon Tim's Mom's middle name, Elizabeth.  But.... I wanted to change it up a bit, because Tim's sister's daughter's (our niece) name is Elizabeth.  I asked Tim if he'd be ok with Elisabeth instead of Elizabeth and he was.   So when we found out our second bundle of joy was a girl, we had only thought of one other name that we really liked, and we did ponder it for a good long while..... Charley Jo, but in the end, we just loved Kathryn Elisabeth more.  So, Miss Katy has had her name since before her big brother was born!

So.... What's the story behind your kid's names??  Link up and share! :)


4 comments :

Becky said...

Stopping by from Amanda's linkup.

I love the name Cooper. I think that is so cute!

Also love the name Kathryn. It is actually my niece's name!

Kate said...

I completely approve of your little girl's name, fyi. :) I love that you took two very traditional names and gave them a twist in the spelling!

Unknown said...

Love the name Cooper!

Amanda Z said...

I also love the name Cooper, there is just something about it that's appealing. Your little girl's name is beautiful and classic and I really like Elisabeth with an S.

What is kind of funny/interesting is my brother in law's name is Matthew Oliver. Thank you for linking up today!