2.22.2013

Baby Johnson: 24 Weeks



Holy Belly Batman!  She just keeps poking out further and further.  24 weeks down, 14 (or so) to go….

Notable happenings this week:

  • My ability to wear my overgrown clothing is about done.  I had still been able to wear several of my “fat girl” shirts until this week.  They are getting too short.  Even wearing a long tank top under them isn’t working, I’m having to pull them down constantly, which is a major pain in my butt.  I do not want to be one of those people who walk down the hallway at work with my belly sticking out.  Yes, there are people in my building who have this condition, and they are mostly men, however I have seen at least one woman doing it too, and it grosses me out each and every time…..  Moving on.
  • Cooper is still asking if the baby is ready to come out daily.  This morning he asked me, and I told him no, and I definitely used the bun in the oven comparison to him, substituting brownies.  I told him, “you know how when we make brownies, we have to wait for them to be all the way cooked before taking them out of the oven…..  that’s what we have to do with Katy, we have to wait until she’s ready to come out”  I don’t know if he got it or not, but it seemed to shut him up for the time being.
  • We have started drawing the designs on Katy’s wall.  We hope to finish the drawing this weekend, and we’ll start painting this weekend also.  Mom is coming tomorrow to start, should be good!
  • I had appointments with my OB and the Maternal Fetal Medicine people this week.  Normal 24
    week appointment with the OB, and then an appointment with MFM to do an ultrasound to look at Miss Katy’s heart.  The sonographer could not see the spot on her heart, which doesn’t mean it’s completely gone, but it is a good sign that she didn’t see it, either it’s shrinking or it really has disappeared.  Everything else looked good, there was no reason to see the cardiologist, which makes this girl mommy happy!
  • Other than the continual craving for milkshakes, there have been no additional food cravings this week. 
24 week comparison picture:


Last but not least….. The pregnancy, week by week.


Happy Weekend Everyone!!!

3 comments :

Kimmyyy83 said...

Yay for a healthy Katy (LOVE IT!) heart!

Stephanie said...

Looks like it's true what they say about the 2nd pregnancy. Your comparison pictures look completely different. I'm so glad little Katy's heart is doing well!

Our Little Bram Fam said...

I don't know if it's the big sweatshirt or the actual belly but that thing is HUGE!! ;) Love it.