11.20.2012

Turkey Trot Linkup

button
Today, I’m linking up with Holly & Erin for the Turkey Trot linky party! Thanks for hosting ladies!




1. What do you look forward to more: the food, football or parades?
Family.  Oh wait, that’s not on the list.  Between food, football or parades, I’ll stick with the food.  I don’t understand football, so I don’t watch it, and the parades, well, we’re usually on the road when they are on.
2. What is your favorite non-traditional Thanksgiving Day dish?
Cheeseball?  Is that a traditional Thanksgiving dish?  I love cheeseball and crackers.
3. After dinner, is it football or a nap?
Nap, definitely.
4. Do you watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade? Which is your favorite float?
I don’t.  Like I said above, we are usually on the road heading to my family’s houses, but I have been to the parade before and my favorite float is Garfield.  I love that lasagna loving cat.
5. Where do you go to celebrate and eat your big meal? Who is there (family, friends)?  We celebrate on Thanksgiving day with my family.  We go back and forth to my mom’s and dad’s houses.  We do both on Thanksgiving day.  Normally we stay down there for the night, but this year we’re coming home to sleep in our own beds.
6. What is your favorite turkey day dessert?
Pumpkin Pie/Pumpkin Roll/Pumpkin Gooey Cake.  Yum!

8 comments :

Sarah said...

AHHH I LOVE cheeseball too!!!!

Melanie @ 4Kottez said...

OMG I love me some cheeseball. LOVE IT!!!! I like your idea of desserts - a girl after my own heart:) Happy few days before Thanksgiving!

Kate said...

OMG, EMILY, I do NOT understand football either! I have tried and tried--I really want to be a fan--but I don't think I'll ever get it. Makes me feel so dense! :)

That's so cool you were able to watch the parade live!

Laura said...

So glad I'm not alone on the football thing...I not only don't understand it, but I'm just not interested at all! LOL.
Happy Thanksgiving and be safe in your travels!

Erin said...

I'm a Garfield fan, too! Thanks for linking up with Holly and me! Happy Tgiving!

Kimmyyy83 said...

I love pumpkin rolls!!!! So delish! Jeremys work postman's wife makes the best one, I have already been hinting this year haha

Unknown said...

Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Your VLOG presence is very calming. :)

Holly said...

You look so pretty! Just glowing... And I am loving the hair cut. When you come to St. Louis, I'll just make us a cheeseball and we can lounge around the whole time. :)