11.08.2012

Catching Up

I never seem to get everything done.  It doesn’t help that we are go-go-go at least 4 nights a week around the house.  Since this is my outlet to share our lives, I thought it was time to catch up on a few things.

Tim: he broke his ankle back in the May/June timeframe and we thought everything was healed and back to normal, but alas, something else went wrong and he’s torn something completely and he’s been back in a boot and night boot for the past 5 weeks.  He has been going to physical therapy 2 evenings per week for a few weeks now and will probably be going until the start of 2013.  And one other night each week he has a weekly meeting.  So he’s gone until after 6pm 3 nights per week.  He’s sick right now too.   I think I gave him my sinus infection from last week. Oops.  Other than that, he’s good.  He’s been awesome around the house the past several weeks, helping me out with everything and being the good clean kitchen witch that our house has always needed.  We both go in spurts, lots of cleaning for a while, then we get tired of it.  Thankfully Tim’s cleaning spurt has lasted a good amount of time this time, even if it is just the kitchen.  That is the most used room in the house, let’s be honest.

Here is a picture of the night boot.  It’s what he has to wear while sleeping every night.

Andrew: We haven’t seen much of him lately, we Skype with him about once a week, and he seems to be doing great.  He has been acing all of his classes, and I mean he got a 100% on his calc test type acing.  He’s rocking it.  He seems to be having a lot of fun this year.  Sometimes I think he’s having too much fun.  Like last night, when I got this text:

Here is that picture a little bit larger.   Andy Mike ended up with 6 stitches in his forehead.  I asked him what he did and he said head to head collision and that the other person whas fine.  Seems suspicious to me, but as long as he’s ok, that’s what’s important.  He was being all tough guy last night and not taking any advil or tylenol either.  Crazy.
Steph/Ryan/Kampbell: I haven’t seen them in over a week!  And then I was sick so I couldn’t hold her.  UGH.  Steph sent me these pictures of Soup last night, girlfriend loves her some bathtime.  She looks so much like her mommy, but in the second picture, she totally has one of Ryan’s smirks.  Steph is trying to figure out what she’s going to do with her life once her internship is over this fall and Ryan is in class and working his booty off. 




Cooper James: That boy.  Obsessed with changing into his football costume (Halloween costume) as soon as he walks in the door each evening.  Loves playing baseball (still) and cannot get enough of The Pioneer Woman (cooker maker according to Coop) or Charlie Brown.  Pretty sure homeboy could watch either of these shows for hours straight and not get the least bit bored.  He loves granola bars and begs for one each time we take a ride in the car.  (don’t ask me why) We still cannot get the boy to #2 in the potty.  He’s gone in his pants 4 or 5 times this week with JUST unders on, so we really need to start working on that one.  Any ideas you can give me would be appreciated.  We’ve tried the reward system, we’ve tried just the unders route hoping he wouldn’t like the feeling of doing that in his pants but nothing seems to be working.  We’re seriously thinking about taking his baseball stuff away from him at this point.  I hate to punish, but we’ve GOT to do something.  He cannot start his new school in January if he’s not fully trained.  He’s great about peeing, just cannot get the poop down pat.  UGH.  Here’s coop watching Charlie Brown one morning while I’m trying to get ready.  Our bedroom was a complete and total mess, but I’ve really worked on cleaning that up this week, so it’s much better now.


Me:  Well, 3 nights a week I get home with the boy and we get dinner made and we play.  One night per week is my bible study (which is ending next week L) and then it seems like the rest of the week just flies by.  Basically I’ve been so sick and so pooped lately, I’ve been going to bed before 10pm.  It’s been heavenly as far as the sleep goes, but the house is really starting to suffer.  We have at least 3 laundry baskets full of clean, folded laundry at any one time just waiting to be put away.  There is also a load of clean laundry in the dryer waiting to be folded.  Times are busy, but life is good.  I am thankful.

How are you all?  Is life as busy for you as for us?  I’m sure it is, please tell me, how do you deal with it?!?

Happy Thursday!


1 comment :

Milk House door said...

Your life seems to mirror mine- busy busy busy. Planning is key. I try to make supper for several nights on Sunday. Then I only have to reheat and not worry about throwing something together at 6:30. Laundry gets done, even if that means there's only 3 pair of socks left to fold in that clean basket of laundry. I don't like it either but it is what it is. My theory is that I have the rest of my life to keep my laundry folded and house clean. This will be over all too soon. Seems like yesterday my babies were just 5 and 2 and now they are 12 and 9. My only advice is to just take it as it comes and roll with it.

Hope that helps!!