11.02.2012

Chicken

I’m a morning person.  Usually.  I like getting things done in the mornings because I’m just not that into it after I’ve worked all day, made dinner and played with Cooper until we put him to bed. 

So this morning, I felt like a chicken.  You know the kid running around with its head cut off?  That was me.  I was a maniac.  Cooper woke up early this morning, so I sat him in front of Curious George while I got ready.  And by getting ready, I mean the normal shower, getting dressed, drying hair, etc, but also, sorting all of our laundry, picking up our bathroom, and unloading two baskets of clean laundry.  (We are always behind on putting laundry away, lately it’s been so bad we’ve been living out of laundry baskets, ugh.) 

Anyway, after that, Cooper and I got downstairs, got his breakfast (that Tim so wonderfully made for him before he left), lunch made, dinner made for tonight (love the crock pot!) and a load of laundry going (I love that delay start setting).  Then it was drop time for Cooper’s eyes.  Since Tim has bible study on Friday mornings, I have the pleasure crap job of putting Cooper’s eye drop in all by myself.  I tell you, that kid hates having that done in the mornings.  I cannot wait for the day to come when we don’t have to do them anymore aka holding the child down and prying his eye open to get a drop in. 



Tonight should be good.  I have more laundry to do, and packing for overnight – we’re heading south to visit my dad for his birthday.  Which brings me to my next topic.  I’m making The Pioneer Woman’s carrot cake for my Pop’s birthday.  That is the big TO DO for tonight.  I’m excited to try it.  I love Ree.  Cooper loves her TV show so it makes this mama happy – he’s going to help me make the cake tonight.  Fun!

Have a fab weekend ya’ll! :)

No comments :