11.01.2012

Halloween Adventures

I'm back!  I actually meant to be back on Monday, but due to some sickness - I'm just getting back into the swing of things today.

I couldn't miss out on the opportunity to share our Halloween Adventures with everyone today, since I know most everyone else is probably doing the same.  What can I say?  I like to be with the "in crowd" sometimes.  :)

Our Halloween activites started on the 13th this year.  We decided to take Cooper to the Indianapolis Zoo for the ZooBoo they host each year.  Our awesome neighbors went also, and Allie and Cooper had fun.  It rained while we were there, but we decided we weren't sugar and we'd make it through. 

Pictures from that evening:


Before we left, Cooper and Allie's dad, Keith, were throwing around the ball.
 
Allie.  Isn't she the cutest DJ Lance Rock you've ever seen?
 
Checking out the penguins.
  
And looking for the elephants.

Allie getting some candy.

Cooper getting candy

The next few pictures are from an area of the zoo where the kids can go in and feed birds.  Cooper and I admittedly got a bit scared the first few times they flew right up to us, but we both got the hang of it.  Allie is a pro at this.






Of course, they had to get their heads inside these for a photo opp.
The next thing that I made for Halloween was this cute little pumpkin.  Lindsey had this cute little personalized pumpkin on display on her front porch and I just had to ask her to make me some cutouts!  She sent me the letters, polka dots and the ribbon and I made this, which ended up being the only decoration I did for Halloween:





Next, on October 20, our festivities included carving pumpkins.  Andrew was home from college for fall break, Steph and Ryan came over, and Cooper decided he was too scared of the pumpkins so he didn't carve any.  I am happy to say, I just sat back and enjoyed not getting my hands dirty this year also.



Tim and Ryan carving out their masterpieces.

Tim is super proud of his pumpkin.

Not sure what's wrong with Andrew, looks like he swallowed something sour

Steph carving a K pumpkin for Kampbell.
October 27th was the trunk or treat at a local church.  Our church had a fall festival, but we didn't attend that one, we thought Cooper would have fun trick or treating instead.  It was pretty cold out that evening, so we didn't stay a terribly long time, but enough time for him to eat some popcorn and collect some candy. :)






On the Monday before Halloween, the 29th, the high school for our area had a safe trick or treat in the halls.  It was from 5-7 and it was packed.  I didn't get many pictures because Tim couldn't make it, so I was wrestling with our coats, Cooper's football, his pumpkin, the camera and keeping my 3 year old in line.  Here are a couple though.  He really had a good time at this event.  I loved it because he got to see so many other kid's costumes - when they actually didn't have a coat on overtop.



Finally, on Halloween, we took Coop around to our neighbor's houses, and then he helped us hand out candy.  He got to wear his football costume all evening and that made him super happy.

Daddy with Cooper before heading out.

Mommy with Coop before going Trick or Treating.


Heading up to the first house.  It was decorated :)

We met up with the neighbors and you can tell, the Moms always get to take the pictures!  Janna and I were taking the pictures, while Keith, Diane, Pete, Tim, Allie, Julia and Cooper got their picture taken. 


Cooper wouldn't join the girls in a picture of just the kids, so I got one of the cutie pie girls anyway!
My neighbor Janna made that Princess Presto dress!  Isn't it awesome?!?
  Here's Cooper helping hand out the candy.  I think he had as much fun handing it out as he did collecting it!




That's a wrap!  Halloween is definitely not just a one nighter event at my house! :)

2 comments :

Nancy Clue said...

Glad you're back, ladyfriend! :) Love seeing all the pics of Coop - he's such a doll! And I DIED at his little DJ Lance Rock friend!

Holly said...

Great pictures, Emily! Cooper looked like such a happy little man. And you are looking great, lady. Just a glowin'.