11.14.2012

Full Moon?

So Tim is sick.  He found out yesterday that he has strep throat.  So he was in bed by 6:30 last night.  That was fine with me, that just meant I had a full night to enjoy Cooper all by myself.  So Cooper and I decided to have an at home movie night.  Finding Nemo it was.  We shut off all of the lights in the house, cuddled up on the couch with our pjs and a blanket and watched.  Cooper loved it!  We’d let him watch the movie when he was a year old or so, in the car on the way to Ohio, but he didn’t get it, he just watched the fish swimming at that time.  Last night though, he LOVED IT.  We talked about what was going on, and how Nemo would see his daddy again, and what was going on throughout the movie.

Then, when it was over, it was time for Cooper to go to bed.  So, we did our nightly routine, potty/bathroom time, reading books, singing songs, drinking milk, Danimals drinkable yogurt, etc.  Then Cooper went to sleep. 

I decided since everyone else was in bed, I would do the same.  So, I went and got in bed, and started watching tv, but before I knew it I was fast asleep.  I awoke later and the tv was still on so I turned that off and went back to sleep, that is until 2am, when Cooper darted into our room and was wide awke, wanting to put on his clothes and go play.  I got up back to bed, and tried to go back to sleep myself.  I think I was about there when he came back in at 3am.  Repeat.  This time, he stayed in his bed until 4:30.  At that point, I decided to just join him in his bed and hope that he would get some more sleep.  I didn’t, but I would survive.  I got up at my normal time, 6am, and somehow didn’t disturb him when I got up and left his room.  But boy oh boy that little boy was crazy mad when I had to wake him up this morning.  He was a monster!

So I wonder, was it a full moon last night?  Because if so, that means it won’t be again tonight, right?  Maybe I can get some sleep? 

3 comments :

Kimmyyy83 said...

I love Nemo, it is my all time favorite Pixar movie, Jeremy cracks up at me because I use lines from that movie in my daily life and can pretty much quote it word for word lol. I hope you get some sleep tonight. Ouch!

Lindsey said...

Man! Sounds like a rough night. Hope your hubby keeps the strep to himself.

Milk House door said...

I love nights like that! They are few and far between it seems.

I know what you mean about the full moon. It sure has felt like that this week!!! Holy cats!