11.27.2012

Birthday Recap & Hubby Guest Post is SCHEDULED!

For my birthday last week, I had the pleasure of taking off work (mostly because it was going to be pointless to go into work with the shortened day (day before Thanksgiving) and because Cooper had a doctor appointment, but that’s another story). 

So, I took Cooper to the Indianapolis Children’s Museum.  And, oh my goodness, that kid had a great time!  I only have one poor quality iphone picture with me right now (all my others are on my camera still), but he had a blast playing with the sand table, the water table, the dinosaur area and especially the big Hot Wheel car section.  They have an area where kids can build with blocks, can dig in mulch and so much more!  He had a blast!  So much so, that we applied our admission cost that day to the price of a year long membership and that is part of Little Mister’s Christmas present this year.  He’s going to love it!  I cannot wait to take him back!!!


When we were finished at the museum, we headed home, where Tim was already off work and was waiting for us.  We ate lunch and started the great clean.  Tim’s sister and kiddos were coming to stay on Friday night, and since we were to be gone all day Thanksgiving day, we needed to get moving.  Thing was….. I wanted our Christmas tree up and decorated, so that’s what I did.  We had gotten a new Christmas tree at the end of the year last year, so it was pretty exciting to get it up and take a look.  Here is it all lit up before decorations.  The final product along with my other measly decorations will be shown in another post.  We had a hard time figuring out how to get all of the lights on this tree to come on, but once we did, easy peasy.   The tree is over 8 feet tall, so I had to get a step stool to decorate as high as I could, then I had Andrew decorate the rest, thank goodness for tall people.
  

Later that day, I got a few pictures from Stephanie via text message.


Isn’t she the sweetest thing you’ve ever seen???

I made an Oreo Poke Cake and some Taco Soup for Thanksgiving.  I highly recommend both if you haven’t had them, you should! 


That about wraps up my birthday fun.  Now onto the good stuff.

I have been hinting that hubby was going to guest post for me for a while now.  It has been a long and hard journey trying to get his butt in gear to write something for me.  But guess what!  He finally did it!!  I have that scheduled for tomorrow, so be sure to check back, he’s got a pretty good story to tell you, if I do say so myself. 

Speaking of hubby – he has been amazing lately.  With this pregnancy, I have been more tired than I can ever remember being.  And by tired, I mean I am usually in bed before 9pm everynight.  I have really slacked on cooking, cleaning and pretty much everything in between including laundry.  What does this mean….. It means that my dear Tim has been stepping up with EVERYTHING.  He’s been Mr. Dad and Mr. Mom.  He’s been amazing and I cannot thank him enough.  Thank you honey!! J  Love you!

Happy Tuesday Friends!

5 comments :

Shelli said...

I love hubby guest posts. ONE day I will convince my hubs to do this. Ha! Right now I'm just working on getting him to read my blog!

Melanie @ 4Kottez said...

Yum.. Taco soup.. and I can't WAIT for the guest post.

Gina Horkey said...

I hear you on being tired; it's so much harder the second (or third or fourth I'd imagine) time as you don't get to just do nothing...you have that other little still needing you:-) It should get better though...right?

Kimmyyy83 said...

I wish I liked beans. I love taco soup but picking them out is a work out! :-) Excited to see his post!

Heather Fox said...

The Indy Children's Museum is my favorite/best out of all we have visited. What a great gift. If we still lived in Indiana I would totally invest in a membership as well.