11.15.2012

I've got a OVbunEN.......



Yup, that's right folks!!!  I'm PREGNANT!

While you won't be reading this post until many weeks after we found out, I just had to write it and get my excitement out!  (Post written mostly on 10/3/2012 but updated as time has passed.)

After our last appointment with the doctor, I was supposed to take a pregnancy test on Cooper's birthday.  Well, we didn't have any tests at home, so afer we dropped him off at the babysitter's house that morning, we stopped by a grocery store.  (Tim and I carpool to work, since we work at the same place.)  I went into the bathroom, proceeded to take the test, and in less than a minute, this is what I saw!!!


People, you have no idea how excited I was and still am today!  Not only was it my precious boy's 3rd birthday, we found out we are having another precious baby!!! 

I was over the moon.  I couldn't wait to call my doctor and see what I needed to do next.  I didn't know how different this time would be, if any, since I'd taken medication, etc.  She asked me if I could come in that day before noon to do some bloodwork, and if so, they would be able to tell me for sure before the end of the day.  WOOHOO!  So off I went, had the bloodwork done and it was positive too.  My HCGs were right in the range they wanted them in - I would need to come back on Friday to make sure they were increasing as they should.  Done and Done.  Friday same thing.  They were increasing as they should!

 I scheduled the first ultrasound for October 22nd with them; and here are the precious pictures of our little pumpkin.  Baby was six weeks 3 days in these precious pictures.  I got to hear the heartbeat, 129 bpm.  I cried.  I couldn't have been happier and more thankful for such a blessing. 



Now, I have been released from their care and am under the care of my regular OB from here on out.  I had my first ultrasound with them on November 14th.  I was 9 weeks 5 days and I loved hearing that little heartbeat again, 169 bpm this time. 


We have been trying for nearly two years.  We've been praying, doing whatever we could to get healthy so that I could get pregnant and it has finally worked!  Praise Jesus!  I think I am so much more in awe of the entire "getting pregnant" process now - it really is such a miracle from Our Lord.  God's timing is perfect and while I may not understand why this timing is perfect, I do not question it. 

We know that if something goes wrong and if I should happen to miscarry, that it was for a reason, that God's plan included this and we'll take comfort in that.  For now, we are doing everything we can, and we appreciate your prayers.

Here is my little one, showing off his new status :)



Ladies, I have been wanting to share this news with you for quite some time, but I decided to wait until we were almost through the first trimester.  I just felt better about waiting.  Thank you to all who have been praying for us throughout this journey!

19 comments :

Meredith @ eatdrinkrunandbemommy said...

Congrats! Congrats! So excited for you and praying for a healthy pregnancy.

Marianne said...

Congratulations lady!!!! This is so wonderful and so exciting! I love those first ultrasound pictures - they are just the most amazing things! Yay for Cooper being a big brother - he looks super excited!!! yayayayayayay! *happy dance*

Nancy Clue said...

Congratulations mama!!! I'm so happy for you! xoxoxo

Kate said...

Hooray! Congratulations!

Elle Noel said...

Congratulations Emily!!!! I had tears! Love the big brother celebratory picture, too cute!

Caroline said...

Congratulations!

Kimmyyy83 said...

So very happy for you!!! Congrats congrats!!!!

♥ Marcy ♥ said...

Congrats what and exciting time! I found out about this time last year that I was pregnant with little Miss P ;)

Melanie @ 4Kottez said...

AGH!!!!!!!! Congrats I just read this. YAY YAY YAY!!!

Gina Horkey said...

That's a great story! Congrats to you my friend. I'll be following; we can commiserate together:-)

Elise said...

Yay! Congrats girl!

Fash Boulevard said...

Ahhhhh oh my goodness, this is so exciting. I got tears. Eek! Congrats, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

Congratulations! This is such exciting news. Wishing you the happiest and healthiest of pregnancies!


<3 Melissa
wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

Milk House door said...

YAY!!! That's wonderful news! Congratulations to you all :)

Laura said...

Congratulations!! That is such exciting news, I got all teary eyed! Such great news!

Brynn said...

Congratulations!! Such an exciting time! We tried for 2 years and 8 months for our son!! It's the most wonderful feeling ever when it finally happens!! Praying for a healthy baby and a smooth delivery!

Brynn said...

Congratulations!! Such an exciting time! We tried for 2 years and 8 months for our son!! It's the most wonderful feeling ever when it finally happens!! Praying for a healthy baby and a smooth delivery!

Shelli said...

CONGRATULATIONS!Praying for a healthy and happy baby (and mommy)!

Holly said...

I am so happy for the Johnson's!! You did all of the work to get healthy and the timing is pretty much the perfect space between baby J, Cooper, and Soup! You guys are going to have a lot of fun with these three! :)