9.12.2012

Weekend Rewind

Most people usually write these posts on Mondays, but since I do meal planning on Mondays, I usually refrain from posting our weekend, but this past weekend was rather eventful and really busy and I don’t want to forget it.

Friday:  I left work a couple of hours early and picked Cooper up to head south to visit my Dad.  We got to his house a little before 5, and visited with him for a bit, then headed out to dinner at Cracker Barrel.  After that, we went to visit my grandpa and grandma.  It was a great night.  When we went to drop dad back off at his house, Gwen was home,  Cooper got to see his Grandma Gwen for a few minutes before we headed to my Mom and Shawn’s to stay the night.

Saturday: That morning, Cooper slept until nearly 8, and that was wonderful.  He only woke up once in the middle of the night so I actually got a pretty good nights' rest.  (That normally doesn’t happen away from home.)  We ate breakfast then headed out for a bit of shopping.  We picked up lunch and brought it to my grandma’s house, Shawn met us there and we all ate.  Cooper played with my grandma’s dog, and he had such a good time!  It is so good to see Cooper with his Great Grandparents.  I’m so glad he gets to experience them, they are the BEST.  We came home late Saturday evening, then I proceeded to clean some of the house and work on laundry.

A couple of pictures:  Cooper with Mom and Shawn:



An old picture that I found at my grandma's house  when we were there eating lunch: 
Back row from left to right:  My uncle Steve, my aunt Brenda, my mom (doesn't she look different?!?), my aunt Sheila
Front row: My grandpa (passed away in 1999, man, I miss him!) and my grandma.


Sunday:  I worked at church at the hospitality desk for the first service, one of the kids Sunday school rooms during the second service and then I got to go to church for the third service.  After church, I had lunch with Aly.  When I walked into my house after lunch, I noticed Cooper’s hair was wet.  Tim was upstairs in his room cleaning parts of his floor.  I learned that during naptime, Cooper had pooped in his pull-up, proceeded to pull it off, and tried to wipe his own rear.  He had gone into the bathroom to get a roll of toilet paper, he used 3 additional pull-ups and some of his socks and made a terrible mess.  We washed all of his sheets and anything else that was laying around on his floor/bed.  My kid is such a mess!  I ran a few more errands, came home, made dinner, put clothes away and watched big brother.

Cooper while we were running those errands this weekend:

A lovely little sign for an upcoming project in our home.  Chelsea made it for me, and I LOVE it!  Thanks Chelsea!!!




What a weekend huh?  It was crazy busy, but it was good, it was fun, and it was lots of time with family!  Love those!  Just wish I would take more pictures!

Have a great Wednesday!

1 comment :

Holly said...

You look so much like your mom. It sounded like a fun weekend.

And how nice of your friend... I want one! :)