9.05.2012

Freezer Cooking

Freezer Cooking

This past Sunday, my friend Shannon and I got together to do some freezer cooking.  We’d been planning this for over a month and were super excited to do it!  I packed up my entire house three huge bags of food, pots, pans and measuring cups and lugged it to Shannon’s.  Three and a half hours later, I had this:

DSC_0284

That’s 12, count them TWELVE meals!  I cannot explain how excited this makes me. 

I think that these 3.5 hours of work on a Sunday saved me at least 10 hours of cooking in the future.  I’m not really sure how some women do freezer cooking for an entire month at a time, but it felt really good to get 12 meals in the freezer and ready for consumption.  I think I’ll get a few more in there in another couple of weeks including:

Chicken Stroganoff
Baked Spaghetti or Baked Ziti
Spaghetti Pie
Pancakes/French Toast Sticks
Breakfast Sandwiches
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells
Taco Soup

In the meantime, give it a try, get a friend and spend a few hours to save you lots more!

Happy Hump Day!

1 comment :

Holly said...

I need to do this. So let's say you want to eat on Friday night... Do you take it out Friday morning and let it thaw in the fridge?