9.11.2012

The Grind

Today, I'm linking up with my good friend Holly for "A Day in the Life" - I'll tell you all how boring my life truly is on a daily basis!!  Aren't you excited?  I know I am! LOL.

Ok, One thing to note, my schedule varies a bit, and I'll notate the changes with this lovely blue. The changes in the schedule are because some days I actually haul myself out of bed in the morning and go for a run.  The timing for running mornings will be in blue.

6:00-7:30 (5:45-8:00) - Alarm goes off, (get dressed, go run), get in shower,  (the next several things are excluded on running days) blow dry hair, dress, fold clothes, get other laundry ready for washer, pick up bedroom, wake Cooper, take him potty, get him dressed and ready (teeth brushed, hair combed, etc) - Go downstairs and make Cooper breakfast, get lunches started --- Enter Tim who helps finish lunches and getting Cooper's eye drop in his eye - we then head out the door, finally!

7:30 - 8:15 (8:00 - 8:45) Drive to work (hubby and I work at same place so carpool most days), drop Cooper off at babysitter (which includes forcing him to go potty before we leave), head into work

8:15 - 12:00 (8:45 - 4:30) Work (meetings, spreadsheets, more spreadsheets, etc)

12:00 - 12:45 or 1:00 - lunch (On running days, I eat lunch at my desk while I work, on non-running days, I still usually eat lunch at my desk while browsing blogs, people.com, or I sometimes run errands)

12:45 - 4:30 - Work (more meetings, more spreadsheets and whatever else)

4:30 - 5:30 - Leave work, Pick Cooper up and drive home

5:30 - 6:30 - Dinner (prep, cooking, eating and clean-up) One of us will cook and one of us plays with Cooper.  Depending on the meal these responsiblities are switched, and cleanup is mostly for the person who didn't cook, but not aways.

6:30 - 7:30 or 8:00 - Playtime with Cooper - mostly baseball, but sometimes riding bikes, taking a walk, trampoline time, basketball, playing in a band, blocks, cars, really whatever he wants to play at the moment.

7:30 - 8:00 (OR 8:00 - 8:30 depending on how tired Cooper is) - bedtime prep, potty, teeth brush, bathtime, reading books, singing songs, prayers

8:00 or 8:30 - 10:00 Free time???  Sometimes.... Usually not.  We pick up the house, Cooper's toys, clean up anything from the kitchen necessary, etc.  Then - I will TRY to get a snack and catch up on some DVR'd shows and read some blogs, maybe do a bit of blogging myself.  I like to do my posts the night before, but that doesn't always happen (like today!)

10:00 - bedtime for me - I will usually read some sort of book or USA Today on my iPad until I fall asleep

So - like I said.  Pretty boring - but that is our general routine.  Time goes so fast and it seems like we don't have as much with Cooper as we'd like, so we *try* to spend every moment (at least one of us) playing with him in the evenings.  This doesn't always happen, like last night, I had to get some cleaning done while Tim was mowing the grass.  But after that, Cooper and I had some great trampoline time and snuggled while reading books. 

One more thing I forgot - I should have thrown in about 5-6 instances of full on RUSHING Cooper to the potty each and every night as well as at least one in the morning.  That kid is crazy and thinks he has to pee all of the time. Laundry is never done at my house, toys are everywhere all of the time, and our rooms are never clean, no matter how much I want them to be.  We try, we really do.  Life just gets in the way.  And.... I would rather my house be a mess and me spend quality time with those who matter rather than spending that time cleaning. 

I hope you'll take a few moments and link up with Holly - she's great!  Have a FAB day!

 
 
linkup

5 comments :

Aly @ Analyze This said...

You seriously have a busy day and I don't know how you do it!!

Cut back on that commute time and move to my side of town/work area!

I was meaning to ask you the other day at lunch - how are Coop's eyes? Does he still wear glasses frequently?

SkinnyMeg said...

One busy girl! I too would rather not clean, who needs a clean house when you have kids :)

Holly said...

Your days do not sound boring at all, Super Woman! And who would have time to clean with a schedule like that?

And our work days sound the same: meetings and spreadsheets-- lucky us.

How are Cooper's eyes?

Thanks for linking up and thanks for fixing my button!! :)

Marianne said...

You are one busy mama! I agree about the spending time with the kiddos at night...even though I am a SAHM and home with baby all day and the oldest is at school, hubs and I feel like ther just isn't enough time for the fun stuff. Life def gets in the way! Great post!

Amy said...

Thanks so much for linking up with us. I hear you on wanting to spend as much time with your family in the evenings as possible. It seems like those few hours in the evening fly by.