9.07.2012

Baseball

Have I told you lately how my son is obsessed with baseball?  Have I told you how super, majorly, crazily obsessed with baseball he is?!?  I'm telling you, from the time he gets up in the morning, until the time he goes to bed, all we hear about is baseball.  He has been like this for over a year now.  If you look here, along with other posts, you'll notice Cooper wearing micellaneous baseball attire like batting gloves, baseball hats, shirts, etc.  And, yes, they do make batting gloves little enough for an almost 3 year old, he's had them all summer and loves them!

He's really into it. I think it runs in his blood.  Tim's entire family really loves baseball, and Tim's dad umpired a lot of his life, Tim also umpires, and Andrew played baseball until mid high school.  I know as soon as Cooper is eligible to sign up for little league, our summer evenings will be spent at the ball park.  I look forward to it!

So, last night, since it was the last home game for our local AAA team, the Indianapolis Indians, Tim decided we should take Cooper.  He was super excited to go! 

This is him in the car on the way there, notice the baseball glove?


Once we got there, I couldn't get him to smile for anything, at least we had good seats, where I could get his picture with a good part of the stadium.  Then it was time for food!  During the playoffs, they have dollar night, which means, hot dogs, peanuts, popcorn and cracker jack are all $1.  So, we had everything except the cracker jack.


And then Cooper wanted pizza too.......


I mean, since when are going to baseball games actually about the game?  I always thought it was about getting the good ballpark food!!!  BAHAHAHA!

Before we left, I tried to get a picture of the boys with the field behind them, but the lights were so bright.  Oh well, I think you can still tell we were there.  Of course, Cooper was still not cooperative.


And whilst walking back to the parking garage (anyone call these parking decks? my husband does and I think it's strange, anyway....) we saw ELMO!  Cooper used to and still does like Elmo quite a bit, so Tim took him to get his picture taken, and Cooper nearly freaked out.  He was so darn afraid of that monster up close, I thought he was going to pee his pants!  Tim stood next to Elmo cause Cooper wasn't going to have anything to do with him.


The last baseball game of the year, does that mean summer is really over?  In some ways I am so excited for Fall, I cannot wait to break out sweaters and have bonfires and go camping, yet, I hate the thought that the pool is done for and there will be snow coming in a few short months.  Oh well!  Life goes on.  We have a busy weekend ahead, and I hope you all have a great weekend as well!  TGIF, right?!?

1 comment :

Holly said...

Do you notice how picky little boys are about food, but the moment they see pizza they scarf it down? :)

Cute pictures... And Elmo!