1.22.2013

Winter's Highs and Lows

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!  Anyone else suffering the FREEZING temperatures that we are here in Indy?  I just checked weather.com and this is what’s going on in Indy right now.  FOUR degrees and with wind-chill it feels like -11.  YUCK. 

 I normally do not mind the wintertime all that much, I just layer on lots of warm clothes and do what I’ve got to do, but with the little bit of snow that we had yesterday, and the frigid temperatures, I’ve had about enough.  Too bad Mother Nature doesn’t seem to care if I’ve had enough, we’re not going to get above freezing until this weekend potentially.


Cooper begged me to go out in the snow yesterday.  We didn’t have much, less than an inch probably.  It was gone by midafternoon, but he still wanted to go out.  We had bought him some snow boots a couple of weeks ago, and he hadn’t been able to wear them, so I gave in, and layered him up, and we went out.  I’m glad we did, because he had a great time, I’m just glad we weren’t out very long, because it was soooo cold even with 3 layers of clothes plus our hat/gloves!
  

Being pregnant in this weather isn’t exactly the most exciting thing to me either….  I have a maternity black fleece zip up jacket that I got from Old Navy, and you’ll pretty much see me in this thing 24/7.  All of my maternity shirts are pretty thin because I had most of them when I was pregnant with Cooper in the spring/summer, so I didn’t exactly buy wintery type items for my wardrobe.  This time, I’m just too cheap to go out and buy new clothes, so I just wear the black fleece on top of everything.  I am still able to wear several shirts/sweaters that were my “fat girl clothes” and I’m thankful for that.  Once they start getting too short for me because of this belly, I’ll really have to rely on that fleece.  To be honest, I’m thankful that I’m going to have 12 weeks off when it is warm outside, so I’ll stop complaining about the winter weather RIGHT NOW.

Do you all feel the same about winter or do you love it? 

1 comment :

Elise said...

Ok, I'm from Georgia. I'm complaining about it being freezing when it's 42 degrees out today. I can't imagine 4 degrees!!!! Ah!