1.18.2013

Baby Johnson: 19 Weeks



Week 19!  I’m halfway through!  May 31st is exactly 38 weeks, which is when I will most likely be taken into the hospital, if not that day a few before or a few after.  This is because I am diabetic, which makes me “high risk” and they will not let me go much past the 38 week mark.  So… new things for this week:

  • I had two appointments this week.  The first one was on Monday for the anatomy scan with the Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) office.  I get to visit them because I’m high risk and they tell me all about the baby’s heart and I get a more detailed ultrasound.  We even got to see the 3D ultrasound and boy was it creepy at 18 weeks 3 days!  All of the pictures we got were pretty horrible, so I’m not going to put them on here.  But that is the day we got to find out we’re having a girl. Baby’s heartbeat was 153 bpm.  They did find an Intracardiac Echogenic Focus (ICEF) on baby’s heart, which gives us a slightly higher risk for chromosomal abnormality than a baby without this condition.  The ICEF does nothing to the function of the heart, and in normal babies it will disappear sometime during the 3rd trimester.  I did the quad screen blood test during my appointment, and the results of this should help determine if there is anything wrong.  If the test results come back with high likeliness, we’ll have to do more testing, so any/all prayers you can give us for good results are much appreciated!  I go back on Feb 19 to MFM for another ultrasound.
  • The second appointment was with my regular OB, they did more bloodwork, and they measured me as well as hearing baby’s heartbeat again.  It was 142 bpm at this appointment.  Doc assured me that I shouldn’t worry about the ICEF, that in his experience, he’s never seen any abnormality if that was the only thing that was found on the ultrasound.  He did say that its possible, but not likely.  Again, prayers are appreciated.  It was a quick appointment – I don’t go back until Feb 19 for my 24th week appointment.
  • The baby has started moving quite a bit since Monday.  She got poked and prodded enough to decide to start kicking her mama.  Right after that ultrasound, Katy started moving where I could feel her.  I love feeling her and I have really missed this, and knowing that it’s the last time I’ll feel it makes it even more special.
  • Sleep has remained the same, waking up frequently and finding it hard to go back to sleep after my internal 5am wakeup call.
  • Cooper has been pretty excited about his baby sister.  Last night he even asked Tim to forgo singing songs with him so that they could talk about the baby.  So sweet.  He’s going to be a great big brother!
     
  • Stephanie brought over all of Soup’s newborn and 0-3 month clothes yesterday, so I get to start looking at what little miss will be wearing!  Thanks Steph!
     
  • We’ve decided on decorations for Katy’s room, so excited for that reveal later on in this journey, but we’ve got a lot of purging to do before that time comes!

I think that’s it for this week, thanks for reading along.  Have a great weekend!!

6 comments :

Elle Noel said...

YAY! For pink! You look so happy and content in the picture! Glad everything is going well :)

Nancy Clue said...

Awww... This is so exciting! Baby girls are so much fun! Can't wait to watch your belly continue to grow. Soak up this little kicks and wiggles... I miss those and I hope that I'll get one more crack at it one day. :) Such a blessing and I can't wait to see Cooper in his role as big brother/protector. Sending you good vibes for a continued healthy pregnancy and baby girl!

Anonymous said...

Yay, that's so exciting! It will be so much fun with a little girl!
www.walkinginmemphisinhighheels.com

Unknown said...

Yay for 1/2 way! I will keep you in my prayers mama. I pray everything is okay with you and your little Katy bug. BTW I LOVE how you are spelling her name.
Happy weekend!

Stephanie said...

Yay for baby girls!!

Shelli said...

LOVE her name! So pretty and feminine!