1.11.2013

Baby Johnson: 18 Weeks



Since I’ve been MIA on posting updates, I figured today might be a good day to post one – it’s been exactly 4 weeks since the last post!  I am now 18 weeks along in this pregnancy.  I forgot to take the picture at home, so I’m doing it at my desk at work.  Thank goodness for the self-timer app! 

There haven’t been all that many changes over the last month, but here are a few small things:

  • My sleep has become more interrupted.  I seem to wake up at least 2 times to pee.  Then, around 5am each morning, I am awake and I’m finding it hard to fall back to sleep.  My normal wake-up time is 6, so this 5am wakeup call has really started to annoy me.
  •  I’m still staying up later at night, but have been going to bed between 9-10 since getting back into the work routine.  I’m just pooped by this time at night, often Tim waking me up as I’ve fallen asleep on the couch.
  •  My belly has grown, but it doesn’t seem too dramatic if I compare to the 14 week picture, as you can see below.  The only way I can really judge is by looking to see how much further the belly is sticking out from the boobs.  It seems to be out further in the 18 week picture.  Ha.



  • We find out on MONDAY the gender of baby as long as baby cooperates!!!
  • We are planning to tell Cooper that he’s having a baby brother or sister this weekend!  EEKS, anyone have any good ideas on how to tell a 3 year old?!?!
  • My insulin requirements are pretty much the same, my doctor has added some insulin in at dinner, but that’s it. 

When we find out baby’s gender and after we tell the family – I’ll reveal his or her name!  Yes, we have names picked out! J

Have a great weekend!!

5 comments :

Melanie @ 4Kottez said...

You look great - can't wait to hear what Baby Johnson will be:)

Gina Horkey said...

Exciting!! Remember the boobs typically grow with the belly;-) Also curious about the names! Good luck with telling him & your appt.

Lindsey said...

You look so good! Check out my post on how we and the family found out. I wouldn't do it any other way...except I am done having babies now.
http://linzlee1982.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-fastest-year-ever_18.html

Shelli said...

So exciting! I am on team Boy! I honestly think I only think it's aboy because you are wearing green in this picture. Ha! You look great momma!

Milk House door said...

You look fantastic!! Congrats on the baby girl. How exciting!!